• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Sold some parts to a person and they paid by Paypal - at my request. I got an email from Paypal saying they (Paypal) are withholding the funds until I submit a tracking number (did that) and then wait till the goods are delivered. This is PURE BULLSHIT. The parts are going to the US from Canada so I will probably have my money in a week or so BUT just imagine shipping something to, say, New Zealand where a package can be three months in transit !!! Another reason Paypal can kiss my *** !!

You must be relatively new to Paypal. Thy don't do that for most others

There is more to this story we haven't heard. A straight PAY-PAL transaction has no hoops.
The payer may be using a credit card through PAY-PAL or a check and those take days to clear.
If you want to know why just contact PAY-PAL directly they will be happy to explain the reason.

You must be relatively new to Paypal. Thy don't do that for most others
New, yeah, only been using it 25 years or so !!

Per Paypal:

Why your money is on hold​

PayPal is withholding (for 21 days) any money above $300.00 USD in sales each month based on your current sales performance.

This is still bullshit. Imagine selling something for a couple grand and these ******** withhold it for three weeks 'cause you don't sell often !!

I sold a Hemi block. Over 21 days to get paid. Will never use it again

I completely quit selling stuff on ebay 1 1/2 years ago. Really can't say I miss it or all the fees associated with it one bit. They would probably hold my money for a month, lol.

Does it have something to do with the new taxing of these money transferring sites? I can't take pp any more unless they send it to someone they trust, what used to be friends and family. It's more BS from the current boss. Then they say, oh if you are selling something like a couch that you bought new, then you don't have to pay tax on it. Exactly how are you supposed to discern between that and a for profit transaction? Who keeps receipts for this stuff? Bunch of greedy einsteins.

A couple of you guys are confusing Paypal with Ebay. Ebay collects tax on sales but Paypal merely transfers money - not necessarily for “sales” - so there is no tax withheld by Paypal. And I didn’t sell through Ebay anyway!

Many online sales sites have to collect taxes for the government. They don't want to. They get no cut of it and they have to track it and pay it for you.
You said it was based on your current sales performance. ??? Pay-Pal just receives and distributes funds. Nothing to do with sales.
On Ebay You have to do a certain amount of unit sales per month and/or dollar sales, and little to no negative feedbacks to qualify for discounted fees.
So a little confused over the sales reason.
I have done well over $100,000. in sales over the years and never had the issues you guys talk about.
I don't like the fees but I don't like taxes either. Just a part of doing business.

Last edited:
You said it was based on your current sales performance. ??? Pay-Pal just receives and distributes funds. Nothing to do with sales.
You tell me bud, I didn’t make that up, thats a quote from the email Paypal sent me!!

He's probably thinking of 1098's. If so, that has been going on for many years.

Sold some parts to a person and they paid by Paypal - at my request. I got an email from Paypal saying they (Paypal) are withholding the funds until I submit a tracking number (did that) and then wait till the goods are delivered. This is PURE BULLSHIT. The parts are going to the US from Canada so I will probably have my money in a week or so BUT just imagine shipping something to, say, New Zealand where a package can be three months in transit !!! Another reason Paypal can kiss my *** !!

That's what you get for all your badmouthing the US of A!

:thumbsup:

Stanton...If you look closer, you are dealing in a transaction...INTERNATIONALLY!!! Canada has some of the most restrictive money transfer rules that even Pay Pal has to observe. I have had them and used them extensively and never had a situation such as you are experiencing presently. It's the nature of doing business these days. So probably your best bet is to quit using them all together and find something more to your liking rather than come on here and throw a Canadian Hissy Fit!!!:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I have not experienced this yet....admittedly I haven't made a $300+ transaction on PayPal in a year or so now. But having dealt with PayPal between USA and here in New Zealand, I have never heard anyone say their money was held up for more than 3 days.

The only time I sent money that held up for just over a week was a Bank Transfer to Bouchillon in NC - they don't take PayPal, and there was some hoo-har with the bank connectivity in receiving my money.....even though I paid an exorbitant fee to get it there quickly.

Dealing with BluePrint Engines was a breeze by comparison....a phone call and a Credit Card.....so easy. :thumbsup:

BTW....FWIW, I've been using PayPal since at least 2003. :p

Many online sales sites have to collect taxes for the government. They don't want to. They get no cut of it and they have to track it and pay it for you.
On Ebay You have to do a certain amount of unit sales per month and/or dollar sales, and little to no negative feedbacks to qualify for discounted fees.
So a little confused over the sales reason.
I have done well over $100,000. in sales over the years and never had the issues you guys talk about.
I don't like the fees but I don't like taxes either. Just a part of doing business.
Incorrect. The administration just changed thru an executive order that paypal, vimeo, cash app, etc all have to report any accounts that have a total of transactions over 300 bucks. Before now it was changed to any single transaction over like 2k, and total over 20k or so a year. Now it isn't like that. I received an email from paypal telling me all the new rules for transaction reporting. I only read the US rule changes, I didn't read the international ones. If you doubt me, google it!

I have not experienced this yet....admittedly I haven't made a $300+ transaction on PayPal in a year or so now. But having dealt with PayPal between USA and here in New Zealand, I have never heard anyone say their money was held up for more than 3 days.

The only time I sent money that held up for just over a week was a Bank Transfer to Bouchillon in NC - they don't take PayPal, and there was some hoo-har with the bank connectivity in receiving my money.....even though I paid an exorbitant fee to get it there quickly.

Dealing with BluePrint Engines was a breeze by comparison....a phone call and a Credit Card.....so easy. :thumbsup:

BTW....FWIW, I've been using PayPal since at least 2003. :p
Me too. Can't really use it any more tho. I don't want the intrusion by the irs ******** into my life.

Everywhere I use PayPal they collect the 6% Pa. sales tax.

Sales reporting is on top of collecting taxes on retail sales trans actions. You now get a 1099 from them.

Everywhere I use PayPal they collect the 6% Pa. sales tax.
So you're saying if you send your mother $50 for her birthday Paypal is going to charge you 6% tax !! I'm calling bullshit on that one. Not all Paypal transactions are "sales" transactions so how can they legitimately or legally charge "sales tax"?! This would basically be saying that anyone who gives another person money (Paypal, cash, cheque or whatever) is subject to tax. BULLSHIT !! Furthermore, if you were to sell through Ebay or whatever, they charge the tax ... so you're telling us Paypal ALSO charges 6% tax. Sorry, ain't buyin' it. Besides, on the $240. sent to me I only paid $9. ... which is the rate spelled out in the Paypal fee schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back