• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCV Vacuum Source

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram or know where the PCV valve got its vacuum from on a 62’ 361/4bbl. The carb for these was 3253s AFB but the only vacuum port on these was a small one for the distributor. Im thinking of putting a PCV setup on my car but can’t figure out what the OEM correct source was for vacuum. My TM doesn’t show anything..

3257s

Screenshot_20220621-214635_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-214635_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
HI A picture is worth a bazillion words... can you shoot a picture of the top of your motor. then we can see whats up... but Wow the one that is pictured sure doesn't have any provisions in the intake for a port..

good luck take care be safe
tim

Thanks for the pictures. I see the correct valves are available at Mopar vendors but couldn't figure out where to get vacuum. That port in my current carb is closed off. I have another 3253s and it too has the port closed. I guess if I were to go ahead with changing over I’d have to drill out the port and solder in a nipple?

Thanks for the pictures. I see the correct valves are available at Mopar vendors but couldn't figure out where to get vacuum. That port in my current carb is closed off. I have another 3253s and it too has the port closed. I guess if I were to go ahead with changing over I’d have to drill out the port and solder in a nipple?

Couple more questions. In this picture of a 3253s where the bunghole for the vacuum connection would be. The hole itself is around 1/2”. At the bottom of the hole is a divot that’s maybe 1/4”. If you were to drill the hole out to install a nipple would you drill it out to full size - or just the 1/4” size? How did Carter do them?

566B75BF-3C98-4A96-B69C-4E8217F03E1F.jpeg

I “assume” there is ….. I haven’t taken either carb apart to confirm.
The port would come out on the bottom side of the carb and has a notch of sorts around the Venturi that would allow the nipple to see engine vacuum.
1A033D4C-18E4-47ED-9D6D-51B990585E5A.jpeg

Mine is the same as that 49226. I guess since the hole on the underside is 1/4” it wouldn’t accomplish anything go larger at the opening. I think after I rebuild this spare carb I’ll go ahead and punch it out and install a vacuum nipple. Thanks everybody!

Mine is the same as that 49226. I guess since the hole on the underside is 1/4” it wouldn’t accomplish anything go larger at the opening. I think after I rebuild this spare carb I’ll go ahead and punch it out and install a vacuum nipple. Thanks everybody!
How about a carb spacer with a vacuum port in it?

How about a carb spacer with a vacuum port in it?
Bear in mind that the idle fuel feed circuits MUST BE CALIBRATED to accomodate the additional air entering the engine. There are hydrocarbon energy (as oil and fuel vapors) in the PCV system that will also effect the idle and off idle fuel transition circuits that will need to be determined. If, the additional air is not accommodated, a large flat spot, almost to the point of a lean stall may develop. Likely, the static and dynamic ignition curve will need to be developed. Just be aware that it is not as simple as drilling the carb to accomodate a hose connection. Just my opinion of course....
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back