• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pen Star install

John H

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Does the fender Pentastar star come off and install easliy? I purchased a new one and would like to install it.

It should come off very easily. Protect the paint with masking tape all the way around it and lightly score around it with an exacto knife to ensure you don’t remove paint with it.
get behind it with a small pry tool and pop it off.
it will then be evident to you how the new one gets installed .

Think its called a cage nut? It should stay in fender when you pop off old Pentastar. When my car was painted popped mine off and re used it still on there.

Think its called a cage nut? It should stay in fender when you pop off old Pentastar. When my car was painted popped mine off and re used it still on there.
I thought you take the inner splash shield off and undo the nut. Will have to check, but we are getting snow right now.

I’ve heard them called barrel nuts. A friction fit installation.
I have yet to see one installed with a nut.

Thank you. The old one popped right off and the new one slid right in..

How about the correct location on the trunk lid for the Jacking instructions? I just received the new decal from Classic Ind.

That is a good question. It seems like it’s random. Probably depending on who who was working the line at the time.

Pending year, I've seen them with a nut on the stem. A flip out Y "push rivet" on the back of the pentastar or the lock of death hole insert.

Auto Transport Service
Back