• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

penny pinch'in

capt Larry

Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
My car was a power steering 69 coronet 500 and although its still tight i would like to "firm up" the feel of it. I can't aford to do it with Firm feel or one of those companys. So is there a steering box from another year of mopar that will bolt in without alot of drama and still do the same thing? I been told that a mid 80's new yorker would work, but would like your oppinions.thanks. P.S. I would like to also know if the same thing can be done to convert my 4 drums to disk?

I hope to convert my car to power steering this winter. I already have a firm feel box, but knowing about the pressure fitting in the pump can help me tweak it even more!

Capt Larry

These sites should help you out.

Jeff

Jeff, that's a really sweet deal, thanks for the info even tho you were sending it to Larry (sorry for jumpin' in Larry)!! That looks like fun project to take care of the "zero road feel" you get with the early years with power steering....and no $$$$, how cool is that???:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Firm Feel also sells the fast ratio pitman arms and idler arms. Haven't heard too much about these, but it could be a an option.

http://www.firmfeel.com/fastrati.htm

fastratio.jpg

info

Capt Larry

These sites should help you out.

Jeff

Jeff, that's a really sweet deal, thanks for the info even tho you were sending it to Larry (sorry for jumpin' in Larry)!! That looks like fun project to take care of the "zero road feel" you get with the early years with power steering....and no $$$$, how cool is that???:headbang::headbang::headbang:

EV2

Any info I post is for anyone that can use it, that is what the hobby is all about.

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back