• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pentastar Emblem Location

dgraver

Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
My 72 rr GTX is missing the Pentastar emblem on the passenger side. At some point in its life, the holes holes were filled. I ordered a new one. Does anyone know the exact measurements of where the emblem should be? I can only find info on where to mount the emblem on a 69 rr, which is said to be 5 1/2" from bottom and 7 1/16" to the left. Any help or pics would be appreciated, thanks!

My 66 Belvedere is the same 7 1/16" from the door gap edge but it's 7" from the bottom where the sheet metal breaks under. I think it depends on where the belt line is. Mine is 4 1/16" below the belt line.....

Are you sure it had one. I have never had a 72 with a Pentastar on it.

Larry

Hmm not sure moparlar, maybe thats why I cant find a picture of a 72 with the emblem? If they did or if they didnt, I still want to put one on. I wont be drilling holes, ill shave off the posts and apply with 3M. I know they had them in 71, so I could go by one of those pictures, but id prefer to know exact measurements when I put it on.

If it did have one and the holes were filled, look at the back side of the fender - you may see them. That's how I found the original holes for my Pentastar and Belvedere emblems on my car.

All though the official 72' sales pamphlets clearly shows pentastars on all the Satellite & Road Runner models pictured not sure they made it to production that year. Couldn't find any evidence of mounting holes on any of 72's I have except one that had a 71' fender on it, side marker mount had been modified. I too wanted the pentastar and carefully positioned it where I found the holes in the 71' fender. I will get you some measurements.
exhaustnowr.jpg

All though the official 72' sales pamphlets clearly shows pentastars on all the Satellite & Road Runner models pictured not sure they made it to production that year. Couldn't find any evidence of mounting holes on any of 72's I have except one that had a 71' fender on it, side marker mount had been modified. I too wanted the pentastar and carefully positioned it where I found the holes in the 71' fender. I will get you some measurements.
exhaustnowr.jpg

Supposed to be there or not, i like the look. I looked at the backside of the fender as best I could and did not see much evidence. Your photo helps a lot. At least gives me a guide to follow, thanks!

Serious Puppy says; "Pics or it didn't happen." lol.

IMAG0381.jpg

Sorry about the terrible picture, not much room in my garage. Better oic once it stops raining.

Attachments

• IMG_5656.jpg
    IMG_5656.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 894
I'd post pics of my junk yard dogs but y'all would laugh lol

A few more pics, one of my favorite pics of the rr GTX with the challenger creeping in the background, mine and my old mans fleet of fun, and since this turned into a dog thread, my other love, Norman my Catahoula Bulldog puppy.

Attachments

• phot3o.jpg
    phot3o.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 850
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 820
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 888
Nice dgraver, can't wait to see 'em! Whoa! Nice Challenger too. And did you say Catahoula Bulldog? As in lazy, but can run? lol.

Now that is a Bulldog! He just looks tough, mine's a bit of a sissy... lol.

I have never seen a 1972 Mopar with the pentastar, They put them on everything until 1972. I think they started in 65 or 66 (maybe earlier) I know my Grandads original 1966 300 has one. I would imagine the cost of the part added up and they figured it had no relevance and decided to discontinue it.

Well my 72 now has one. However, I shaved off the pins and mounted it with 3M emblem adhesive, so it can be easily removed if I get sick of people questioning me about it, similar to when morons at car shows/cruises preach to me how my car "cant be both a GTX and a road runner", I have a magazine article about the 72 rr GTX laminated and just hand it to a person and walk away when they claim my car somehow doesnt exist.

Auto Transport Service
Back