• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People need to be responsible for their ads.

jeryst

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
People that sell their parts or cars seem to do a fairly good job at updating their ads. I think the same thing should be encouraged for people that post ebay and Craigslist ads. It's very annoying to wade through ended auctions and expired posts when looking for something. I know people are trying to help, but if you are going to post such an ad, how about doing the right thing and updating it when the auction ends or the post expires or is deleted. It's just common courtesy for the rest of the forum users.

LOL....I typically update my ad's.....Maybe missed one or two through the years....

I don't see what the big deal is....So they didn't update the listing and you lost out because they sold whatever...Next step is to move on and search again once you find out it sold. Parts can be listed on multiple forums and sold on another and the OP simply "forgot" about 1 of the 5 sites it was listed on....It happens.....

It's like when you see the "VOTE FOR SHLEPPO" signs all over town, months after the election.

I think buyers should be a little more proactive when searching ad's and take into consideration of how old the ad/auction is or might be, and that the part/car might be sold! But that's just me living in a unperfected world.
22 comments in 8-1/2 years and you want this? Good luck with that.

I think people that post holy Grail parts for retarded prices should be stripped naked and confined to an island without internet access

22 comments in 8-1/2 years and you want this? Good luck with that.

Good catch...
Lets hide in the shadows and only stick our heads out to complain about something stupid.

IMG_2168.JPG

People that sell their parts or cars seem to do a fairly good job at updating their ads. I think the same thing should be encouraged for people that post ebay and Craigslist ads. It's very annoying to wade through ended auctions and expired posts when looking for something. I know people are trying to help, but if you are going to post such an ad, how about doing the right thing and updating it when the auction ends or the post expires or is deleted. It's just common courtesy for the rest of the forum users.
If everyone followed the guidelines for Craigslist and the like - post it in General Discussion, WITH pictures and text, then it could be easier. Those get deleted after a while anyway....manually by Staff.
As for posting your own adverts, if these are left to dwell in the undergrowth they will eventually be found and deleted by Staff if they have gone too long.
Members are requested to update them as the advert progresses - with either "FOUND' or "SOLD' depending on if it's a WTB or FOR SALE.

Auto Transport Service
Back