• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People selling parts.

Roger63

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
As y'all know I've been searching for a E440HP motor. I had a local guy contact me about 6 weeks ago. I have what you're looking for somewhere in my shop give me a few days to find it. I said cool that's fine . 2 weeks later I sent another message, didn't get a response for 4 days. This type of crap has carried o on for 6 weeks. So I sent him another message today, he response is no I haven't dug it out and next week doesn't look good either and after that I will be gathering small parts for the Nov 5th mopar only show at the drag strip. Why do people do this? I have the parts but you can't come get them. Why even offer wtf. Rant over

As y'all know I've been searching for a E440HP motor. I had a local guy contact me about 6 weeks ago. I have what you're looking for somewhere in my shop give me a few days to find it. I said cool that's fine . 2 weeks later I sent another message, didn't get a response for 4 days. This type of crap has carried o on for 6 weeks. So I sent him another message today, he response is no I haven't dug it out and next week doesn't look good either and after that I will be gathering small parts for the Nov 5th mopar only show at the drag strip. Why do people do this? I have the parts but you can't come get them. Why even offer wtf. Rant over
Guys get a little loaded, get all happy-assed and start running their mouth. Then later they realize they don't wanna deal with it and folks like you get hosed. That's just my opinion (based on experience..lol)

Guys get a little loaded, get all happy-assed and start running their mouth. Then later they realize they don't wanna deal with it and folks like you get hosed. That's just my opinion (based on experience..lol)
You're probably right, but damn he reached out to me. I even offered to help him organize his stuff. Just pisses me off.

I know what you mean lol
Had it happen several times lately. They'll take the time to list it on a site, CL, FB, or whatever and when you go to contact them they'll read your message and that's it. No reply, no yes or no, not even a kiss my ***. I could understand being a jackass to someone coming up to your door and hounding about parts but when they're the ones listing for sale at least have a little common courtesy/decency to reply back. Takes maybe a minute or two tops to send a message and I don't care who you are, ain't nobody that busy.

I have another guy that has a good 440 steel crank for $200, I told him I'll take it. No reply for over 10 days now.

Takes all kinds of people I guess. Messaged a guy with an ad with "lots of mopar parts" going on 2 or 3 weeks ago now for some rear bumper brackets he said he had for $75 and a non ac heater box which I just bought another one that was supposedly undamaged with no cracks only for it to get here with cracks and missing parts. Still no word back from him. Got to watch out for those liars out there too, seem to be lots of those as well. Good luck on your quest.

Yeah - whether we want to admit it or not - culturally America is going to hell. Pull that **** back in the day was the kiss of death. Your word was your bond - and for many of us it still is. But there's this growing quickly attitude that people have no sense of responsibility. Say what they will and then do or don't do what they want. We like to lay it on the younger gen - which deserves it - but so do a whole lot of older people too. I'm with you - can't abide by it and try hard to not get myself in a situation where I have to trust and rely on someone unknown.

I've dealt with the SH's (sheet heads) off and on for over 40 years but does seem to be getting worse. These days I am always armed when somebody comes to my house to look at/buy something....

I'm working on a truck that is 80 years
old and parts I need for the cab are almost
non-existant. I'm able to find some, but
aftermarket availability for OEM is limited.
Case in point are window regulators for
a 1940 Dodge/Plymouth pickup.
I've got the truck to near completion with
all the existing parts being stolen when the
truck was shipped during a move.
I have been looking for a driver's side
regulator for literally, years. Having bought
3 where the seller swore up and down they
we're for sure to fit the driver's side only
to find out they don't. All three (bought off
Ebay) will accept no returns. The disclaimer
on each ad..."make sure these are what you
need before buying"
Anyone out there need a passenger side
widow regulator for a 1940 Plymouth truck?
I'll give you one, and I might even pay
the shipping.
Frustration level has peaked.
Thru the years it's taken to get this truck
built, I've many parts that were mis ordered
and didn't fit the build. I'll be posting pics
of what I have left and not needed. Maybe
someone here can use them. I'll give them
to anyone interested but the recipient pays
for shipping. But seeing as how I originally
bought the truck from a VietNam vet (and
the best boss I've ever worked for) I'll not
profit from his memory. He was Mopar to
the bone.
His car before he passed away from the
effects of agent orange:
IMG_9978.JPG

Last edited:
Then there’s the other side of the coin. List parts….big parts, no shipping, local pickup only. First 3 interested buyers…will you ship? 4 E body doors $50 each, on a pallet? To Reno from Michigan? Yeah, let’s do it!!

Hell, I'd ship a house as long as someone's willing to pay. Found some of those discontinued big block mopar performance valve covers for a song at $140 the other week but the guy tried to say he didn't have time to ship and that he had local pickup only in the ad. He didn't so I called him on it then he edited the listing to add it in the description lol

sounds like seller's remorse. They want to sell, but are afraid they quoted a price lower than they might have gotten if they had asked for more. One should always hesitate and look like they are going to let a giant fart before they say: I'll take it.

You could tell them that you may pay more, if it's more than you are expecting. Look at it and if you still like it, bump it $100. Then $50, then $50 more. Soon people get uncomfortable and sell. yes, you paid $200-250 more than the original asking, but if it is worth owning and ends the search, what's $250?

The only people that I can find that do it right, are on here. The best people on any forum anywhere.

Hell, I'd ship a house as long as someone's willing to pay. Found some of those discontinued big block mopar performance valve covers for a song at $140 the other week but the guy tried to say he didn't have time to ship and that he had local pickup only in the ad. He didn't so I called him on it then he edited the listing to add it in the description lol
Believe me, I ship stuff all the time, and usually don’t mind doing it. But, they’re parts doors, and they’re $50 apiece. They’re in my way and I need to get my plow out. Shipping them means instead of someone coming to pick them up and they’re gone, instead I have to take them to weigh each door, find a pallet they will all fit in and weigh that, then run all that through Fastenal to get a quote. When the time comes to ship them I have to take everything up to Fastenal and strap them together there and ship them out, all for a something I just want out of my way. Or, I load them up with all my other scrap and take them over the scale. I don’t care if I scrap them or not, they’re heavy and in my way. It’s too much work to find out that the buyer doesn’t want to pay about $200 for a bunch of door parts.

Last edited:
Believe me, I ship stuff all the time, and usually don’t mind doing it. But, they’re parts doors, and they’re $50 apiece. They’re in my way and I need to get my plow out. Shipping them means instead of someone coming to pick them up and they’re gone, instead I have to take them to weigh each door, find a pallet they will all fit in and weigh that, then run all that through Fastenal to get a quote. When the time comes to ship them I have to take everything up to Fastenal and strap them together there and ship them out, all for a something I just want out of my way. Or, I load them up with all my other scrap and take them over the scale. I don’t care if I scrap them or not, they’re heavy and in my way. It’s too much work to find out rust the buyer doesn’t want to pay about $200 for a bunch of door parts.
I know a LOT of guys here hate Facebook but I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff that I didn't want to ship. Didn't want to scrap it and didn't want to spend the time to ship the stuff either. FB Market place is more of a pita to list things on than it is here or CL but it's a LOT easier than shipping the stuff lol. And CL seems to have a bunch of spammer/scammers on it too so I don't use it unless I get no results on FB. If no results with either one, then the stuff goes on the scrap pile.

Believe me, I ship stuff all the time, and usually don’t mind doing it. But, they’re parts doors, and they’re $50 apiece. They’re in my way and I need to get my plow out. Shipping them means instead of someone coming to pick them up and they’re gone, instead I have to take them to weigh each door, find a pallet they will all fit in and weigh that, then run all that through Fastenal to get a quote. When the time comes to ship them I have to take everything up to Fastenal and strap them together there and ship them out, all for a something I just want out of my way. Or, I load them up with all my other scrap and take them over the scale. I don’t care if I scrap them or not, they’re heavy and in my way. It’s too much work to find out that the buyer doesn’t want to pay about $200 for a bunch of door parts.
Yea I could see not wanting to do all that. Don't blame ya one bit.
And CL seems to have a bunch of spammer/scammers on it too
Whew, I don't trust that site further than I can throw it. Still waiting on my $535 to be returned from that asshole with the aftermarket rally steering wheel he tried to claim was an original that he sent off to have restored. The 21st is the deadline and I'm supposed to get my money back and the piece of **** wouldn't even process my refund or return my messages. If any of you hear the name Tim Ohara from Chicago Illinois, run the other way and don't do business with him. I'm just glad we did the payment through a business account so I have some recourse instead of F&F where I'd most likely be screwed out of that money.

Yea I could see not wanting to do all that. Don't blame ya one bit.

Whew, I don't trust that site further than I can throw it. Still waiting on my $535 to be returned from that asshole with the aftermarket rally steering wheel he tried to claim was an original that he sent off to have restored. The 21st is the deadline and I'm supposed to get my money back and the piece of **** wouldn't even process my refund or return my messages. If any of you hear the name Tim Ohara from Chicago Illinois, run the other way and don't do business with him. I'm just glad we did the payment through a business account so I have some recourse instead of F&F where I'd most likely be screwed out of that money.
I only sell on CL and facebook and if I do buy something from those sites, it's local so I can go look at it.

I'm working on a truck that is 80 years
old and parts I need for the cab are almost
non-existant. I'm able to find some, but
aftermarket availability for OEM is limited.
Case in point are window regulators for
a 1940 Dodge/Plymouth pickup.
I've got the truck to near completion with
all the existing parts being stolen when the
truck was shipped during a move.
I have been looking for a driver's side
regulator for literally, years. Having bought
3 where the seller swore up and down they
we're for sure to fit the driver's side only
to find out they don't. All three (bought off
Ebay) will accept no returns. The disclaimer
on each ad..."make sure these are what you
need before buying"
Anyone out there need a passenger side
widow regulator for a 1940 Plymouth truck?
I'll give you one, and I might even pay
the shipping.
Frustration level has peaked.
Thru the years it's taken to get this truck
built, I've many parts that were mis ordered
and didn't fit the build. I'll be posting pics
of what I have left and not needed. Maybe
someone here can use them. I'll give them
to anyone interested but the recipient pays
for shipping. But seeing as how I originally
bought the truck from a VietNam vet (and
the best boss I've ever worked for) I'll not
profit from his memory. He was Mopar to
the bone.
His car before he passed away from the
effects of agent orange:
View attachment 1360039
Try a place called vintage power wagons, they are on the interweb and not hard to find, the flat fender powerwagon cabs were based on the 39 cab, if that one will work you are in luck as I am pretty sure that you can obtain one from them. Dave.

Auto Transport Service
Back