• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Performance Injection Equipment

Randall Miller

Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a driver big block for my new to me 72 GTX RR. I'd prefer used but another fellow encouraged me to shop new crate. My searches led me to performance injection equipment in Delaware. I did a search and didn't find much on here. Outside reviews appear impeccable.
Does anyone have any feedback on this builder?
Thank you,
Rudy

D

Performance Injection Equipment is currently building a 440 for me. Haven't received it yet, purchased in May, 2021 - due to supply issues still waiting on parts.
What I can say is that whenever I email them with questions, they usually respond within a day and are more than happy to oblige.

Hi,
I'm looking for a driver big block for my new to me 72 GTX RR. I'd prefer used but another fellow encouraged me to shop new crate. My searches led me to performance injection equipment in Delaware. I did a search and didn't find much on here. Outside reviews appear impeccable.
Does anyone have any feedback on this builder?
Thank you,
Rudy

D

Performance Injection Equipment is currently building a 440 for me. Haven't received it yet, purchased in May, 2021 - due to supply issues still waiting on parts.
What I can say is that whenever I email them with questions, they usually respond within a day and are more than happy to oblige.
That's a very reasonable response time.

As an Engine Builder/Machine Shop I am always curious about who is offering what for how much ?
So I went over and had a brief look at their entry level 440 Crate offering, the "Big Block 440 Street"
It appears to be based upon a Cast Crank 440 Core Engine utilizing stock "LY" Connecting Rods, Rebuilt with the addition of Forged Pistons, Hot Hydraulic Flat Tappet Cam and Edelbrock Heads & Intake with an HV Oil Pump and a 6 qt Oil Pan.
The "picture" anyways.... although NOT listed in the parts list.... appears to offer an Aluminum W/Pump & Hsg included in the Pkg as well for $7,950.

Of special Note for me.....
Was that the Adverised Power Ratings of 520 hp and 550 Ft/Lbs are attained with the Hydraulic Roller Cam upgrade ?

IMO, I believe the Pkg overall offers good value for the money.... especially if the $7,950 is inclusive of the motorhome 440 "Core" charge/Oil/Filter etc etc ready to go ?

But that said...
also IMO.... I just don't think there is anything special here in the way of the engine itself nor the advertised power/trq levels...... the same could be attained with any competently Machined & Assembled 440 motorhome core by adding some parts ?
which....
finding/accessing those skillsets(machining/assembly) out there these days seems to be 95% of the problem for most people ?

Auto Transport Service
Back