PerTronix Digital HP

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. Walt2028

Walt2028 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    Has anyone installed the PerTronix Digital HP system on their vehicle? I’m considering installing it on my 1970 Roadrunner.

2. pearljam724

pearljam724 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    I haven’t. Petronix has an outstanding reputation on all of their ignition products. From what I understand the unit is priced very reasonably considering the anti theft factor makes it worth that price alone. I see the unit is priced around $220. That is very attractive to me also. If it’s compatible with any electronic distributor and there’s nothing else to buy ?

3. biomedtechguy

biomedtechguy Accelerati Rapidus Maximus FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    I am impressed with the whole general Pertronix story. The innovation, performance, and simplicity in their ignition conversion modules, for example.
    When we had my wife's 421 4 bolt main Tripower engine in the 65 GTO rebuilt, and added to the go fast parts and work that had already been done, I decided to get a Pertronix billet aluminum distributor and Ignitor III combo. True multiple spark even at higher RPMs, and a rev limiter, so I could feel better about either of us rowing the gears at the track.
    I have a FBO ignition system from Don, a very knowledgeable person who is very adamant about his perspectives on ignition system design and performance. My next ignition system, however, is going to be something that I can tune and tailor to specific needs, and something that I can understand what it is that I am doing.
    I haven't even tapped the full potential of the Pertronix in the 421. The kit came with weights, springs, and tabs to control various aspects of the timing curve, and I am going to explore that once we get her 3 Rochester 2bbl carbs modded to accommodate the performance level of the build.
    Depending on the results and what is available vs what I want, I may get a Pertronix product for my stroker motor build.
    I'm going to check out this Digital HP now.
    Thanks.

4. Walt2028

Local Time:
    Thanks great information...

5. Walt2028

Local Time:
    Hey! I just ordered the Pertronix 520 Digital HP Mobile. It should be delivered by this Saturday, 20 Jul 2019. Most companies did not have it in stock, including PerTronix. However, I located one on eBay.

I downloaded the app and I’m very impressed with its features and the functionality. Here are many of its features:

The PerTronix Digital HP Mobile. Mobile App controlled

Features:

o Controlled by your Bluetooth® wireless device

o One touch security mode

o One touch valet mode

o Tach and shift light display

o User selectable skins

o Integrated 3 Step Digital REV Limiter

o Locking Automotive Connector

o Multiple Spark All the Way to Redline

o Tachometer Output Lead

o Over 187 mJ of Spark Energy

o Ultra Small Form Factor

o RPM Triggered Output

o Onboard Diagnostics and Tach Calibration

o Mobile App controlled

I will not installing it soon, maybe by next year. I’ve learned when a promising produce is available I must take advantage of it. I paid $299 +taxes. This produce had revolutionized the ignition industry; I can only predict the price will increase.

WE’LL TALK MORE NEXT TIME...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.