• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG classics seat covers- anyone use them?

YY1

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
They are attractively priced, but we all know how that can go.

I understand some of their products don't have the best reputation.

At first I thought they were remarketed PUI, but they are available in colors, where PUI is not.

One thing did catch me...the description for my 73 covers reads "button style", but the pic in the listing shows the covers without any buttons.

Anyone try them?

Good question, I was also admiring their prices. Being that i need new foam, burlap, cotton and whatever else it takes.... lol

After seeing PUI and Legendary side by side, its no contest, Legendary seat covers are by far superior covers.

PUI
Color - incorrect (more of a grey/white)
Piping - incorrect (under stitch visible in some places)
Stitching - incorrect (extra stitching visible where it should not be)
Skirt Grain - close, not as defined as OEM
Insert grain - ok
Listing sleeve - not provided
Buttons - not installed
Material weight - not correct - 28 ounce
Padding - thin

Legendary
Color - correct
Piping - correct
Skirt grain - correct
Insert Grain - correct
Listing Sleeve - installed
Buttons - installed
Material Weight - correct 35 ounce
Padding - correct

If you are doing a restoration, i suggest dont skimp on the interior like i tried to do and just go with Legendary covers, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the info.

The question was about PG Classics.

My Coronet will get Legendary.

My Satellite will almost certianly always be a driver, and I'm intending to put in a white button style rear cover to match my used, weathered front buckets I got at a swap meet.

I would think that PG classics are no better than PUI and certainly not better than Legendary.

Here is a photo of the color difference between PUI (Left) and Legendary (Center) and orignal (Right).

Attachments

• IMAG0770small.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 286
PUI bucket seat cover didnt have the stiffening wire and the indentation wired for hogs rings . I send them all back and ordered Legendary . SO you might make sure PG does ? , if the asian lady will even understand your question

That's definitely a brighter white on those PUI covers.

I did notice mine are kind of "egg shell" white.

Want to sell your old rear cover?

Pretty Sure Wannadrag had some issues with the PG stuff with his old '70RR and ended up sending the stuff back as well.

Pretty Sure Wannadrag had some issues with the PG stuff with his old '70RR and ended up sending the stuff back as well.

Yep and never again will that happen.The price is very inviting but save your coin and get them from Legendary.

Good thread.... Glad I didn't make that mistake. Legendary will be in my car. Thanks guys!

I have been an automobile upholstery guy for well over 40 years. I have installed most all of the current ready made covers as well as the ones I make myself. If you want quality and value spend the extra dollars and get the Legendary brand. They will surely out last the cheaper brands and the workmanship is outstanding. I have never had any problems with any Legendary products. If I keep bragging on them maybe we can get a discount. LOL.

This is kind of what I was expecting to hear.

Thanks much to all who replied.

Still interested in those take offs if they're decent.

That's definitely a brighter white on those PUI covers.

I did notice mine are kind of "egg shell" white.

Want to sell your old rear cover?

The original cover is pretty beat up, faded, and has wear marks, and torn in a couple of places, and most likely will just fall apart once its removed. Not really in good shape to reinstall.

Thaks for replying.

I'm afraid it's look funny with a $250 shiny new rear cover and 38 year old swap meet fronts.

Yeah. I would buy Legendary. Had some seam alignment problems on my GTX , but they made it right.

Auto Transport Service
Back