• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phoenix Specialty Coatings ~ Important Announcement

Is the rate unreasonable for the quality?

• Hell yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! You get more than you pay for

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I have never heard of you

• Business is business. Do what you gotta do!

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • It's a lot more around here

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I am a former or current customer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Effective September 15, 2018, the shop hourly rate will increase $5.00 per hour. All jobs arriving here on or before September 14, 2018 will be charged at the current $35.00 hourly rate.

It has been nearly three years since I had a $5 per hour increase. Utilities and supplies haven't gotten any cheaper for any of us and I have held off on this for as long as I could.

Rest assured that site Gold Members, all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, Honored Veterans and Law Enforcement officers will continue to enjoy the labor discounts that have always been in effect!!!

Customers know that PSC is still one of (if not the) most affordable truly custom powder coating shops but with the uncompromising attention to detail and service the others lack.

Thanks to all of you these last 12 years for your business, kind and glowing compliments and all the referrals!! I wouldn't be here without YOU and will never take you for granted.

Feel free to contact me for a quote or post up your pics of my work!

Leanna ~ The CudaChick
Owner/Operator
731-613-9192 between 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Central US time

http://PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings.com

Ua9DIJ1535322699.jpg

A few Before & After Pics of that SBC (sorry!!!) Performer. You'll understand why I chose it in a minute. :asskiss:

View attachment 644394
20180329_130957.jpg

Message_1522438319714.jpg

20180329_131024.jpg

20180401_190007.jpg

20180401_190501.jpg

20180401_193459.jpg

20180401_190845.jpg

It is now at home on Terry LaBonte's #44 Piedmont Airlines car at the museum. I have done four more jobs for them since Easter. 20180401_190207.jpg

One of the FABO guys asked about the cost. A photo of that invoice is attached. (Most aluminum intakes fall in the 4-7 hour range.)

20180828_001142-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well deserved increase, that’s still pretty damn cheap. I’d think most shops are probably around 70 an hour

I got a little raise this year. Quality work and prompt service make a slight increase a non issue.
Keep up the good work!

I would totally approve this. Just raised my hourly rate, materials went up almost 10-15% in the last few years. Your rate is still very reasonable, like 1967coronet440 said, most shops around my area is 60-80.

I am finally boxed and sending in "hopefully" this week Mistress.
I do not care what your rate is, quite frankly.
I HATE Southern LA and California.

Business is Business, anyone complains, let them go elsewhere!

Whattya, F'n kiddin me?? For the kind of work you do Leanna, you could charge A LOT more. Dont sweat it, babe. You deserve that and then some.

:thumbsup:

Leanna, your reputation precedes you. A master at your craft. Every one who has chosen to have you turn their parts into works of art where not worried about cost but quality.and you and your gang knock that part of the equation out of the ballpark.Your attention to detail is what makes your work of art stand out from the rest .looking forward to doing business with you in the near future.

Last edited:
Richard Petty Museum.... Now that's friggin cool!! Good for you. Serious bragging rights right there. Because of the 3 year gap, I would think a $7.00 increase(20%) is more inline. Your reputation precedes your hourly rate and this increase will be a non-issue.

Quite a few people either getting raises, or demanding them. Understand completely.

From what I've seen, looks well worth it.

Just 2 of several she has done for me.
Great work. Well worth it. If you have expensive guys with poor customer service and months on end of wait time, dump in the garbage can and give this wonderful women a shot.

Shipping is your only “possible” disadvantage.
But not a draw back.
By the time all is said and done, you’ll long forget the price while enjoying the finished product for years to come.

D4E71E2A-3EC8-4B08-8860-CF4E05A3D380.jpeg
0C721F9C-5AC4-44AC-A8D0-063CDA442F55.jpeg
163D1A9F-49F2-449A-B6AA-1951AF905BEF.jpeg

And your posted pictures of your work is proof positive that it's not only fair, but well worth the cost to get those quality results ! !

Thanks for all that you do for us here at FBBO ! ! ! You're the best Leanna ! ! !

Reasonable prices & outstanding work from what I've seen...

Do what ever you need to do...

Well worth the going rate and every item that I have seen finished by you and your shop far exceeds expectations. Keep up the great work.

Well worth the going rate and every item that I have seen finished by you and your shop far exceeds expectations. Keep up the great work.

Thank you!!!

My "50/50 partner" lost interest in 2009 so it's pretty much just me. He occasionally welds up stuff and blasts once in awhile but it's rare. My turn around can be longer than bigger shops (depends on how many are in line) but you will love it when you get it back.

Thank you!!!

My "50/50 partner" lost interest in 2009 so it's pretty much just me. He occasionally welds up stuff and blasts once in awhile but it's rare. My turn around can be longer than bigger shops (depends on how many are in line) but you will love it when you get it back.
I live 20 minutes from Petty's Garage. I am going to go there so that I can see your handy work in person. I will be sure to get some pictures. Keep up the great work.

Thank you!!!

Thanks for that reminder about how many may be "waiting in line"--It speaks to your capacity.
We all can relate to a cool small restaurant that would rather have a big line at the door as opposed to a compromise inside to seat everyone.

I am reminded of an episode from Seinfeld.--The soup nazi.:D
I expect if you grow in capacity-from demand- it will not be at any sacrifice to your product. Cheers for your earned success with a personal ethic that puts you where you are.

Last edited:
Thank you!!!

I will be your 50/50 patner! :rolleyes::poke:
Like some have said above, you're hourly rate is below the going rate and you produce quality work. You deserve it and more. One day when I get to that point with our car, I can send you some of my parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back