• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photos of rear 1/4 panel replacement wanted

greycharger

Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
About to put a new quarter on my 66 Charger and I am wondering if anybody has photos of the process. I'm sure it's pretty straight forward, but seeing photos helps me do things I have never done before.

Good article in Mopar Muscle (IIRC) a few years back.

Are you butt welding?

Here are some Using the clamp kits from Harbor freight and a bunch of Cleco's, I positioned the
quarter perfectly before starting to butt weld the quarter on. Different car, same procedure!
20140507_112944.jpg
20140507_113317.jpg
20140507_124855.jpg

Noram has panels that go up to the belt line

Interesting I did not know that. I was just looking at the panels on their site, do they have the stamp in the side for the 'louver' looking things? Dont appear to from the picture.
And where is the belt line?

Interesting I did not know that. I was just looking at the panels on their site, do they have the stamp in the side for the 'louver' looking things? Dont appear to from the picture.
And where is the belt line?

It doesn't look like the louver thing is there.
I don't know it is the proper term, but I call the line running down the center the belt line. I've seen one full length panel (the guy didn't know who made it) in person and it goes about 3 inches above that line. That one did not have the scoop. It looked pretty good, but I didn't hold it up to an original for comparison.

the panels i had came with car but did not have lip all the way around fenders and the lines were way off there are some more pics in members projects brads 66s

Late to the party but,,, different car, different procedure!

Auto Transport Service
Back