• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

physical difference between TF240's and 270's?

Jeff_383

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
This may be dumb, but is the an outside difference between the 240 and 270 heads? I mean like the victors, -1's, stage VI,s...etc. Can 270's replace 240's with no other change (like intake port height on victors)

The TF 240 has the standard intake port and the TF 270 has the Max Wedge raised ports. Intakes do not interchange between the two.

the TF 270 has the Max Wedge raised ports.

On an RB, do all standard Max Wedge, Crossram, Indy MW sized, etc. intakes fit the 270's without alteration or spacers?? Or do you need a special TrickFlow manifold?? TIA, Lefty71

no the heads are same dimensions physically. any MW intake should work with the 270

but are they physically taller? I.E. hood clearance.
The 270 has more material on the intake face and a taller port. I posted comparison pictures in one of my build threads. Anything with 270’s on it will be taller and pose a problem with hood clearance.

The 270 has more material on the intake face and a taller port. I posted comparison pictures in one of my build threads. Anything with 270’s on it will be taller and pose a problem with hood clearance.
tm

That's what I was looking for

Auto Transport Service
Back