• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pic request. 66-67 Belvedere outer wheel house.

Randy Marsh

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of a 66-67 outer wheel house (preferably during a quarter replacement)? I'm trying to visualize my options to open things up a bit above that kick in. Rolling the lip is no big deal and I plan on moving the rear back an inch or so, but it seems like the biggest gains could be made on the upper well. I'm not looking to run steamrollers, but I would like more wiggle room for backspacing options. May just be a job for some heat and a hammer. Thanks

Contact Patrick Krook @ Show Your Auto or REV muscle cars. He had his hands on this one.

I've researched that car. If I had to do quarter repairs I wouldn't hesitate to slice and section like they did. However my quarters are rock solid and I'd prefer not to create more work for myself. The more time I spend with my head in the wheel well and trunk...the more I think a full tub may be the answer. It's really a pretty easy job on this car compared to other body styles.

After searching all over the forum I came across "dehumping". I didn't find any references to 66-67's though. I guess I'll cut out the offending piece and use it as a template checker.

I don't have pictures, but you'll be fine cutting that "hump"area. stay away from the lowest 2-3", that's where the outer wheelhouse is closest to the quarter panel. I think I have a complete quarter cut out from another car, let me dig it out and I can get you a pic.

I don't have pictures, but you'll be fine cutting that "hump"area. stay away from the lowest 2-3", that's where the outer wheelhouse is closest to the quarter panel. I think I have a complete quarter cut out from another car, let me dig it out and I can get you a pic.
Thanks, it's appreciated. It looks like if I use the hump crease as a guide I'll be good. I'll use the die grinder instead of plasma just to be safe.

Upon further review, there’s not much wiggle room

89DC5C4B-D019-4C2F-8261-96AC438D6737.jpeg E4332558-2077-4ABB-A24C-93477BCF3745.jpeg 25831525-0478-4506-8176-03074A677F4A.jpeg

Thank you very much for the pics. That's basically what I had pictured in my head. That's plenty of "wiggle room" for me. I can take it straight up off the crease, and box out the top of the well. I'll most likely move the springs and inner wheel well too.

This is my first B body, and it really couldn't be going any better. There's always room, options, ect. So far the hardest thing (and it wasn't bad), was the Uscartool subframe connectors. Dealing with undercoating sucks. And running multipass beads to build up 18ga and jump gaps wasn't really frustrating... just a lot of trigger time on my back on 15 degree concrete.

Auto Transport Service
Back