• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a 2004 Jeep Cherokee

Dodge 330

Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
CAM00793.jpg

Dirt cheap, low miles and exceptionally clean!

Sweet! What engine?

Nice - wish I had that instead of the 4.7 gas hog!

Nice - wish I had that instead of the 4.7 gas hog!
It gets 18.5 around town and got a best of 24mpg on a long trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. Last year for WJ. They finally got it right and then totally redesigned it for 05.

A friend and co-worker has a 2005 with the v-6 that I park next to every day. He likes mine much better!

It tooks some.detailing to get it this nice but I knew it was a diamond in the rough.

Cool Heep...LOL... Looks like a nice Cherokee, for a high mileage rig...

Cool Heep...LOL... Looks like a nice Cherokee, for a high mileage rig...

I didn't think 108,000 miles was too bad.

I have a friend that had put close to 400,000 on more than one with minimal issues.

yeah 108k isn't bad... still got allot of life left in her

Ours is north of 220,000 miles now.

The 4.0 is bullet proof. Take good care of it and it will return the favor. Radiators, cooling fans, and cooling fan relays are an other story. I say that in the plural because that is my experience with an 02.

If you have to replace the cooling fan relay, remove the right head light and cut a hole for access, don't both following the service manual on that one. LOL

I changed the oil in it this week and didn't even have to break out the jack and jackstands! Easiest oil change I've done in a while.

Looks like a good deal. Like ws27 says, those 4.0 straight sixes are pretty good motors. I wish that they still made the small Cherokees, I had an '87 that had the 4.0. I would probably buy a new one if they still made them.

I have one, same engine, same year....237K miles with the original water pump and alternator >20 miles per gallon on the highway.

Auto Transport Service
Back