• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a low mile 440 today.

Not sure why its taking 3 weeks to get my heads finished.. But Im trying to be patient. Also need my front cam bearing.. Grrrr. Im being held up. lol This came bearing was installed.. I was not happy. I also did not install it.

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

Last edited:
I am learning to be nice and patient but having a hard time with it.

Bored again. Cleaned up the pickup tube painted the valve covers and timing chain cover. Resprayed the pan and the water pump. The color was off from when I sprayed them the first time. VHT Hemi is not the same as Duplicolor Hemi. FYI. The Duplicolor is more red orange and the VHT is more like the old 426 wedge color.

View attachment 581334 View attachment 581335 View attachment 581336 View attachment 581337 View attachment 581338
Is that water pump housing from the rv or a car

Why do you need to change flex plate if yours is external balanced the one that was on the rv should already be that way. My guy is using mine and will balance torque converter when we get to that point.

The orange one is from a car. The RV one dumps out on the wrong side.

Because I have a non weighted torque coverter in my shed. And I wont ever have to get a balanced one again. I think the term is Neutral balanced.

Yep i have go get one from a car myself.

I need to check the one in the shed now that I think about it.. Damn it. lol

I have to check into that I don't know about them but interested in it what is the brand name

The one we got for the roadrunner was a B&M 2500 Thats the one I was thinking about.. So the one in the shed is a huge ?

Ok i have hughs here in phoenix going to go buy and check it out might get some prices on complete while im there

What's up with the cam bearing doesn't look good. What does the bore look like

They are stand up guys... Bought the Roadrunner trans from them. It had a leak they paid return shipping and hooked me up with a case of trans fluid and some swag for my troubles. The leak turned out to be a crack in the pump. They fixed it no problem. Great people over there and stand by their products.

Last edited:
The bore is fine.. The guy just kinda slammed it in there without looking at it.. And you see the result.. It was in there with about an 8th inch hanging out at the bottom.. I was like thats not right.. The cam wont even fit through it any more.

It was more cockeyed than Sammy Davis JR. :)

That's what is so bad about today's times. Zero pride have to check everything twice. Please keep me posted on the build. Using that a body with that 440 in it would be a monster of a ride. But I'm pretty soft on b bodies

Me too but everyone wants big bucks for B-Body cars.. Its hard to be a Don Garlits with a Don Knots budget. Just keep checking this thread I post the updates here.

Your b body is looking great

Thats actually my neighbors car I built it from the ground up to what you see. Was primered and gutted when we got it here. I was going to buy it. But he used to have a roadrunner back in the day and his brother totalled it. So I let him buy it. I got the joy of putting it together.

Got my heads back today and he finished up my cam bearings. I have a couple of questions.. Do I use thread sealer on the head bolts.. I know some chevy's need it. Next question is where can I find a set of head freeze plugs. My guy ran out. I can't seem to find a solid link to a set for both heads. They are 452 heads. I think the sizes are one inch and 1 1/4 for the ones nearest the exhaust ports. One inch for the ends of the heads. I need 4 of each.

Auto Transport Service
Back