• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pics and posts added 77 charger SE

WP29440SE

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
just wanted to say hello . i just joined FBBO and i posted a bunch of pics and posts over in the members projects and restorations under 4th generation muscle. if you guys are interested,check it out. and thanks,good to be here! here is a pic of some of what you will see.

Attachments

• 1977 dodge charger se.jpg
    1977 dodge charger se.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO. I like how you got right after that Charger, looking forward to the big block build/install. And you're right, that blue IS a stunner.
I'vegot a question or two about how you masked off your blackout panel and stripes. Was it all fine-line and freehand, or did you have a pattern to go by? I'm especially wondering about the 1/8" accent line around the outside...namely, how did you get it so perfect and even?. I know theres a peel-away tape product for this, but I've never used it and always wondered how it would take to being bent and stretched around hard 90 degree turns. I've laid out a lot of fine line tape and have never been able to get a double-stripe THAT even. I usually design graphics packages WITHOUT that feature completely, or farm it out to a pinstriper.
I'm impressed.
Ive got a similar blackout scheme in mind for my 76 and have been tossing ideas around in my head on how I'm gonna pull it off. Similar, but very different...I don't want to be a copy-cat....all the kids will make fun of me.

Welcome to FBBO. I like how you got right after that Charger, looking forward to the big block build/install. And you're right, that blue IS a stunner.
I'vegot a question or two about how you masked off your blackout panel and stripes. Was it all fine-line and freehand, or did you have a pattern to go by? I'm especially wondering about the 1/8" accent line around the outside...namely, how did you get it so perfect and even?. I know theres a peel-away tape product for this, but I've never used it and always wondered how it would take to being bent and stretched around hard 90 degree turns. I've laid out a lot of fine line tape and have never been able to get a double-stripe THAT even. I usually design graphics packages WITHOUT that feature completely, or farm it out to a pinstriper.
I'm impressed.
Ive got a similar blackout scheme in mind for my 76 and have been tossing ideas around in my head on how I'm gonna pull it off. Similar, but very different...I don't want to be a copy-cat....all the kids will make fun of me.
i used rustoleum semi-gloss black and 1/4 inch black pinstriping from auto zone. first i layed out a general position of where i wanted my black using a cheap masking tape so that it will not stick to the paint.then i would mark my final out line, measuring from any outside edge in,making sure that each side is perfectly even. using those references, i used the green perfect fine edge tape from walmart, (nobody knock it ,it is good stuff lol) i would fold the end over the nearest edge to "lock it in place" then i would roll it out enough to go the distance of my straight line edge and slowly apply pressure and using my reference marks. do your longest , straightest edges first. then for the corners, i layed out enough tape to complete each corner ,then using various lids or any thing round and flexible to determine how much curve i wanted ,and also using it as a guide, i cut out the corners with a brand new razor blade. then using my finger nail ,went around every edge making sure the tape was completely stuck.very time consuming but well worth the effort.backmask everything, and one real light coat of black and then come back at it with a real good coat.temperature is everything with pinstripe, the warmer,the better,65+ degrees. because i was using 1/4 inch, i was able to eyeball the width of the tape as my spacing from the black solid areas.the trick is as your are going into the corners, you have to stretch the tape as you are rounding the corner,and you have to stick that stuff good as you are going.i would pull n stick about every 1/4 of an inch of travel. i was very happy with the results. i have not done a lot of it but i can do it. i hope this helps. try it few times on a practice panel ,its not terribly hard to get a straight line.people try to do a 4 foot long section , a foot at a time, when they should be doing the whole thing in one shot. i used reference points for curved area behind the scoop.

Attachments

• a257.jpg
    a257.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 382
  • a267.jpg
    a267.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 395
  • a217.jpg
    a217.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 394
  • a268.jpg
    a268.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 394
Well, it looks super. I've taped stripes before and dozens of flame-jobs (my favorite to lay out and paint, even though I wouldn't really want em on one of my cars), along with freehand airbrushing, but my background is in custom motocycle paint. I put a tank or fender on a stand and work it that way. Can't hardly put a car on a stand or in my lap to spin it around to check my work. i've laid-out a few different stripe and panel packages (tape only) and have finally come up with one that I like thats not like anything else I've seen done. Thanks for the tips.
BTW, I like satin black Rustoleum too....
S5300014.jpg

That looks awesome! I've been trying to come up with a way to break up the giant expanse of gold on the Cordoba, but haven't found anything yet that makes me happy. I've got to show these pics to my partner in crime (my son).

i used rustoleum semi-gloss black and 1/4 inch black pinstriping from auto zone. first i layed out a general position of where i wanted my black using a cheap masking tape so that it will not stick to the paint.then i would mark my final out line, measuring from any outside edge in,making sure that each side is perfectly even. using those references, i used the green perfect fine edge tape from walmart, (nobody knock it ,it is good stuff lol) i would fold the end over the nearest edge to "lock it in place" then i would roll it out enough to go the distance of my straight line edge and slowly apply pressure and using my reference marks. do your longest , straightest edges first. then for the corners, i layed out enough tape to complete each corner ,then using various lids or any thing round and flexible to determine how much curve i wanted ,and also using it as a guide, i cut out the corners with a brand new razor blade. then using my finger nail ,went around every edge making sure the tape was completely stuck.very time consuming but well worth the effort.backmask everything, and one real light coat of black and then come back at it with a real good coat.temperature is everything with pinstripe, the warmer,the better,65+ degrees. because i was using 1/4 inch, i was able to eyeball the width of the tape as my spacing from the black solid areas.the trick is as your are going into the corners, you have to stretch the tape as you are rounding the corner,and you have to stick that stuff good as you are going.i would pull n stick about every 1/4 of an inch of travel. i was very happy with the results. i have not done a lot of it but i can do it. i hope this helps. try it few times on a practice panel ,its not terribly hard to get a straight line.people try to do a 4 foot long section , a foot at a time, when they should be doing the whole thing in one shot. i used reference points for curved area behind the scoop.

great car

jonnyuma,is that an aluminum front bumper? if not it sure looks it. those things weigh a ton. i am hoping to find someone that will make me one out of fiberglass. i just dont like the way they make the car look so heavy in the front. i put mine on and then took it off.i like the steel wheels too.the smaller the area,the easier it is too paint, i have been building 1/24 and 1/25 scale models since i was very young and i got real good at it,so that carries over into my 1/1 scale model cars lol

i ran across this on the net.i kind of like the way they did the front air dam.

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 350
Looking awesome. Another example of why 75+ B bodies can be cool.

Any plans for a front bumper? I'd love to see someone do one that flows better with the body kind of like a Chevelle Laguna.

I believe the air dam on the Yella Brick is all steel and aluminium. Last I read they were bumping off the bottom side of 200 mph with plans to break through soon. That was a while ago so they may have topped 200 by now.

Hey there, 78'Doba. Did I read somewhere that you bought OTR's Cordoba? We don't hear much from him anymore, I hope he's okay. Last thing I read of his he'd injured (or re-injured) his back and ended up in the wards. He had some big plans for that 78 so I hope he didn't sell it for health reasons, that would be a serious bummer. If I remember correctly, he had Magnum doors on that car, is that right? There's a thread on here where somebody mentioned (Super77se, I think) putting Maggie doors on his 'doba, ya think you could post up a few pics, maybe from the side? The Magnum doors give it a pretty unique look with their extra pontoon-y-ness, a great place for Daytona-style contrast panels.

:icon_kidra:

Attachments

• tg2.jpg
    tg2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 252
  • tg6.jpg
    tg6.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 239
Auto Transport Service
Back