• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics with Eaton 2" lift leaf springs

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
I'm considering getting some Eaton leaf springs with the 2" lift, but curious how drastic the lift is. Does anyone have pics of their car before and after with the 2" lift springs please. Or even with the 1" lift springs.

I purchased the MP XHD springs for my 69 Bee (will sell if I go with the Eatons), but thinking I might want more lift so the 295 tires have more clearance room up top.

I don't know your answer (sorry), but when I went from factory springs to super-stock springs my rear bumper was at my belt buckle. It looked like I was running air shocks.

That's why I shyed away from the SS springs. Instead of buying another set of new leafs, I guess I could just get the MP XHD springs re-arched........

I don't know your answer (sorry), but when I went from factory springs to super-stock springs my rear bumper was at my belt buckle. It looked like I was running air shocks.

I' d like to hear/see pics also, as i am about to buy +2" from ESPO springs....but, i LIKE a raised rear, so not sure if 2 SS springs would be better? I understand, to be level need to buy 2 right side or 2 left.....

Last edited:
Just got back from the spring shop, re-arching the new springs 1.5". Such they can't reuse the spring clamps.

I have used Eaton springs on two cars...a GTX and a Superbee. I think 2 inches is a bit much unless you are sticking some rubber bigger than a 275-60 15 out back. 1 inch will give the car a slight rake, to the untrained eye will almost look stock, particularly as you adjust the front torsion bars.

AB2D1577-82D2-4DE8-A394-9F4B0B7F8F78.jpeg 79882C18-423E-40B6-9283-B8C1814F1FF6.jpeg

MP XHD springs are junk,bought them for my challenger and was bummed. Bought espo +2 and will buy from them again. great people and fast shipping. sold the car might be a pic on e bodies only.

4CFCE419-DF2B-4AE9-BB77-5B45F8E0A58A.png
Got the heavy duty springs +1” from ESPO. When I put them on I thought I made a big mistake. After raising the front a bit it looked better. After driving it they settled quite a bit and after a year dropped another 1/2”. I’m real happy with them and love the ride. From the ground to the wheel well, just above center of tire, it now measures 28 1/4”. At the time of the picture it was 28 3/4”. I replaced a set of new “stock” springs and they were to bouncy for me.

Ive narrowed down to either ESPO +2", OR Mopar SS 2 right sides....wondering which will give more lift?

Know anyone that has a pair of air shocks laying around? They would be good for a test fit before buying the springs....

Know anyone that has a pair of air shocks laying around? They would be good for a test fit before buying the springs....
I have air shocks on now....read too much about how they could destroy upper shock mount....and, they only seem to level the car out....not much lift, unless theyre junk?

I have air shocks on now....read too much about how they could destroy upper shock mount....and, they only seem to level the car out....not much lift, unless theyre junk?
Yep....lots of talk about upper shock mounts but for some reason I've never had any issues with that and if anyone should have had issues, it should have been me. One car I had was used as a truck and even delivered a 383 long block sitting in the spare tire well. Shocks were aired up to 90 psi and the car sat level with that thing in it. Used air shocks on lots of cars before ever hearing about the upper mount problem. That old car used as a truck was the only one that was really abused like that though and all the others were used pretty normally with only 10-20 psi. And when the car/truck wasn't carrying big loads, the shocks were let down to a more normal range too.

MP XHD springs are junk,bought them for my challenger and was bummed. Bought espo +2 and will buy from them again. great people and fast shipping. sold the car might be a pic on e bodies only.
Why are they junk? I put xhd's on the '68 a couple years ago, they still work just how they're supposed to...

Yep....lots of talk about upper shock mounts but for some reason I've never had any issues with that and if anyone should have had issues, it should have been me. One car I had was used as a truck and even delivered a 383 long block sitting in the spare tire well. Shocks were aired up to 90 psi and the car sat level with that thing in it. Used air shocks on lots of cars before ever hearing about the upper mount problem. That old car used as a truck was the only one that was really abused like that though and all the others were used pretty normally with only 10-20 psi. And when the car/truck wasn't carrying big loads, the shocks were let down to a more normal range too.
I must have crap air shocks...i think previous owner who installed them got them at advance auto or auto zone....prob Monroes....i can pump them up with max pressure, and car is still level....maybe get Gabriels?

Wonder if some of the shock mounting issues can be attributed to rot more then inherently weak area? Thinking more about this top of shocks mounts to body rail channel, weight of body on shocks, suspension moves up and down in the body of car. I suspect loose mounting or corrosion at top mounting area think cranky is correct.

Wonder if some of the shock mounting issues can be attributed to rot more then inherently weak area? Thinking more about this top of shocks mounts to body rail channel, weight of body on shocks, suspension moves up and down in the body of car. I suspect loose mounting or corrosion at top mounting area think cranky is correct.
Good points....i am fortunate not to have any rust....i seem to remember, back a 100 years ago, when i had my first roadrunner, i had air shocks and could lift the rear like a stink bug! I am wanting close to that look again, but these monroes cant do it.....figured changing springs will.....

Good points....i am fortunate not to have any rust....i seem to remember, back a 100 years ago, when i had my first roadrunner, i had air shocks and could lift the rear like a stink bug! I am wanting close to that look again, but these monroes cant do it.....figured changing springs will.....
yeah im not sure i never really changed anything much from stock , but i hear good results using both methods, i remember air shocks on cars more often then spring changes way back when.

Auto Transport Service
Back