• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture from 1968 (Hemi Roadrunner)

Mike Gaines

Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
I have posted this pix before but it deserves another view....lol
Brand New Hemi Road Runner.
It was all red in color from the factory then we had it finished out in the Sox & Martin Color Scheme complete with Keystone Kustom Klassic Wheels. Lettering was all Gold Leaf.
I ran it in SS/CA during the 1968 Season.

20110624_14.jpg

Mike, sure wish I had bought a '68 runner. Probably would not have gone with a Hemi a 383 or 440 would have been great
Hemis seemed so expensive & they were not very drivable.

Mike do you have any of the 68 Hemi RR ?
you haven't already shared ?

I love the ol' vintage look, in old photos

Mike, sure wish I had bought a '68 runner. Probably would not have gone with a Hemi a 383 or 440 would have been great
Hemis seemed so expensive & they were not very drivable.
Please just curious, why a Hemi wasn't very driveable, I say this because almost all of the Chrysler fans want a 2gen Hemi, thanks for your answer.

Great pic and car, Mike! Thanks for posting.

My Hemi is very driveable. I'd say that reputation is mostly a myth. It's also not all that bad on gas....if you keep your foot out of it. :rolleyes:
But what's the fun in that??!! :D

That's a pretty cool Roadrunner Mike !!! Ron

mike,was that pic taken at mid America raceway in Wentzville,mo.,I know you race there in the early day,i miss that track

Auto Transport Service
Back