• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture of my old 69 Bee

toolmanmike

Henchman #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
A old friend sent me a photo of my old 69 Bee from the late 70's I never took a photo of the car and I didn't know any photos existed. I was excited to say the least.
SuperBee (1).JPG

Nice, Mike! Love the old back in the day pics!

I had a 69 Coronet too. It was a pieced together car but it was fun and looked good for back in the day.
My 69 coronet 1a.jpg

Cream and tan is a rather unusual color combo for a 69 bee. Was she already repainted or did someone remove the stripe/bee logo?

The cream car looks like a coronet from the pic and the black car looks like a bee.

The Bee was original paint from what I remember. It had 60,000 miles on it back then. I wish I was into fender tags back then. It was a 383-4speed, fresh air car. Possibly a stripe delete. I don't remember any over spray or signs of the stripe being removed when I owned it. I hope to see it again one day. I have a friend that knows where it is.

The cream car looks like a coronet from the pic and the black car looks like a bee.
The black car was a Coronet. It had a bee emblem on the deck lid. It had a blue drivers fender, a red divers door (with a tinted window from a a/c car), a 361 under the hood, and a column shifted auto with buckets and no console.

Cream and tan is a rather unusual color combo for a 69 bee. Was she already repainted or did someone remove the stripe/bee logo?
One of 6 as far as I can tell. Possibly a stripe delete. I can't remember any signs of a stripe on the car.

Last edited:
The Bee was original paint from what I remember. It had 60,000 miles on it back then. I wish I was into fender tags back then. It was a 383-4speed, fresh air car. Possibly a stripe delete. I don't remember any over spray or signs of the stripe being removed when I owned it. I hope to see it again one day. I have a friend that knows where it is.
Nice! My 70 Bee is also DY3 cream (mostly original paint), 383 4-speed, fresh air car but no vinyl top, green interior and black stripe.
Best of luck finding her again!!

Nice pic, I had the same wheels on my GTX when I bought it in 79

Here is the only picture I have of my old superbee.
I bought it new and had to let it go back to the finance company after 11 months and lots of fun.
383 4sp.

IMG_0225 (Large).JPG

Wow, love the picture and it brings back memories! I am another guy that had a 68 Bee with 4 speed in the B5 blue. All the pictures I ever saw of my car were lost in a fire when my parents house burned. I have nothing to remember or show my sons who have heard of the car forever. Would love it if one of my old running buddies would show up with a picture of her as they rode shotgun many nights with me. Working on a 69 Coronet at present and hope to have her up and running by next spring. Thanks for sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back