• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture request

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a picture of the throttle return spring bracket for a 440 with a/c.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Seems I remember a small bracket with a loop (hole) in it for the spring, and bolted to the back of the AC compressor. I can not find in in a manual, but I will try to remember to look in my bracket drawer when I get home. If I have one, I will snap a pic. If I have two, I could offer one to you.

I know I've seen that bracket as described above.

The MF204 is for a non-ac hemi, although the small bracket might work. I looked in my stash, and didn't see it. I have a few more places to look at work, but I might not have it anymore. If I do find it, I will let you know.

My car has one, but it seems to be unusually bent & I need to see another for a comparison.

0420170929.jpg
0420170930b.jpg
0420170930a.jpg

RC, which Year car? I have one on my 68. The photos above show what it looks like.

Last edited:
The one I remember bolted right to the AC compressor.... Classic MF207

Last edited:
FWIW RC, the bracket that 68 shows is the same as on my 66-300 383 w/ac. I don't know if the heights are different then a 440? It would make sense that they are all the same as Mopar liked to use interchangeable parts when possible. Good Luck

Here's mine. Prior to this picture, it was bent at a sharp angle towards the center of the engine. Looks like I'll have to take it off and bend it straighter

DSCF9268.JPG

DSCF9267.JPG

Plus you are missing one spring there. There should be two (in case one breaks).

Auto Transport Service
Back