• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pinion snubber & torsion bars

krowbar

Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
67' Coronet w/ 440 & 727. 8 3/4 sure grip. Original 318 car.How close to the floor pan does the pinion snubber need to be? I have an adjustable one. Next project is replacing the springs with XHD springs and poly bushings. I will probably use +1" shackles to raise the rear a bit. Right now all the spring bushings are worn and I have 318 springs and no sway bars front/rear. Torsion bars will be on the books too because they are the original small block bars. The adjusting screw on the passenger side somehow came out of the pocket and I'm a little worried about that. This car will not see the track. It will be doing some burnouts. I just want a nice firm ride for cruising and normal driving. Any advise would be appreciated.

Try about 1 1/2" to start with, see how much it bangs during normal driving. If you're looking for the snubber to help with traction, don't count on it without a good leaf spring combination. If you switch to the XHD springs, try them without longer shackles to start with, you might be happy with the ride height.

Auto Transport Service
Back