• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pins for turn signal switch and ignition switch

Hemirunner

Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for the pins for the connectors for both the ignition switch and turn signal switches? I’m assuming that since you can buy a reproduction harness that the connectors are available separately??

Anyone know of a source for the pins for the connectors for both the ignition switch and turn signal switches? I’m assuming that since you can buy a reproduction harness that the connectors are available separately??
Have you tried one of the reproduction manufacturers?
Mike

Year?

If 70 and later, terminals are Molex and those are available, but plastic insulators for ign and turning switches are not available separately. Never have seen them at least from the repro/replacement market ( and I use to be over this topic with regularity ). Ign switch female end was available NOS some years ago from some Mopar NOS parts dealer thought, but can't recall which it was.

Year?

If 70 and later, terminals are Molex and those are available, but plastic insulators for ign and turning switches are not available separately. Never have seen them at least from the repro/replacement market ( and I use to be over this topic with regularity ). Ign switch female end was available NOS some years ago from some Mopar NOS parts dealer thought, but can't recall which it was.
It’s a 70. I’m building a custom harness and I didn’t want to cut and splice if I didn’t have to. I can reuse my plastic housing if I could source the pins.

Ok as mentioned pins are available everywhere... well everywhere on electrical supplier shops. Sizes availables are 0.093 and 0.062

Last edited:
are these what you are needing?
20200606_213845.jpg

Last edited:
i was not sure if these carried over into later years or not. i have 2 boxes of these on here for sale. if iirc they fit up to 67 or so but that is where i stopped looking. thanks 451mopar

Those Twin lock terminals are nice to have if re-wiring a car with one of the generic wiring harnesses.
The Ron Francsis kit gives you new terminal shells to convert to Packard 56 type terminals, but I would rather use the stock connector with the twin lock terminals than cut a perfectly good end off a reproduction turn signal switch that costs $100+

I ordered the molex pins in .062 and .093 as there are two sizes in the ignition switch connector. You have to leave a certain amount of that “chain” material on each side of the pin as it keeps the pin from pulling through the connector. Learned that one the hard way lol.

8D5C014B-6767-4A3D-9F72-A9B8C9E1D090.jpeg

I ordered the molex pins in .062 and .093 as there are two sizes in the ignition switch connector. You have to leave a certain amount of that “chain” material on each side of the pin as it keeps the pin from pulling through the connector. Learned that one the hard way lol.

View attachment 984127

I know what your saying. When I first crimped (I think it was a Packard 56) I crimped the tangs that stick out the keep the terminal from going too far forward in the connector.

Auto Transport Service
Back