• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol grip shifter with a 69?

OldToys

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Will a 4 speed pistol grip shifter fit in a 69 Super Bee (no console)? My wife is looking for me a birthday present and I sent her a link on one at Summit Racing they told her they don't carry them for the 69. Can anyone confirm it will fit and maybe a link to one? I'm trying to let her order it since its a BD present. :)
Thanks, Tim

need to make sure it fits---the shifter is either bolt on or it slips in and is held in by a clip. Once that is cleared up, yes--it will fit.

How's this?

IMAG0364.gif

IMAG0363-1.gif

IMAG0355.gif

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/index.html

I know just sharing, get all excited about pistol grips lol Can't let you 4 speeders have all the fun

Here is what I have I am assuming the shifter separates at this connection.
If so I believe I have a bolt connection although it looks like I have pins instead of bolts.
Is that correct?

null_zpsa935f2a2.jpg

null_zps454c4424.jpg

Call Brewers Performance. They are the Mopar 4 speed Kings. I just bought and installed a new shifter from them for my 70 Bee. They know more about Mopar 4 speeds than anyone and easy and great to talk to it's all they do.

Do yourself a favor & get a Comp plus shifter with a pistol grip handle.

I know just sharing, get all excited about pistol grips lol Can't let you 4 speeders have all the fun

Hey JB where did you get that pistol grip?? It'd be awesome to get one for my Charger until I'm able to swap a 5 speed in :icon_thumleft:

(sorry don't mean to hijack the thread)

EDIT* sorry, didn't see the link haha thanks for sharing!

i have a pistol grip in my 68, but i do have a 76 OD box, th epistol grip hurst handle uses the 2 bolts to hold the shifter in.
but as said, i would definetly talk to brewers performance.
dash1.jpg

Cool Idea Bigman, I will be doing something very similar, with a modified, console shifter lever from a 70 4 speed E-Body lever & Pistol Grip Handle, in my A727 equipped 68RR with manual VB on a B&M Quicksilver Ratchet Shifter {SFI appr.}, instead of the stock style Mopar linkages, in the very near future...

- - - Updated - - -

OldToys Putting in a Hurst style Comp. Plus 4 speed shifter, it would be a bolt on swap.... Good luck

I called Brewers Performance, they said I would need to replace the shifter, and linkage, with a 70 model. Otherwise the new lever would hit the dash. $720.00 for the set. I guess I will stay with the sock. :(

I called Brewers Performance, they said I would need to replace the shifter, and linkage, with a 70 model. Otherwise the new lever would hit the dash. $720.00 for the set. I guess I will stay with the sock. :(
I did this same swap with my 69 Roadrunner- it's pricey but I think it's worth it!

I bought a 68 4 speed RR .. pretty original except the PO had stuck a pistol grip in it. Mine did not hit the dash but came up pretty close but it did in the 70 also. It still looked cool, but I pulled it and swapped the p grip into my 70 RR and put the round rod hurst style you have in the 68 (which is probably a 69 or 70 shifter as most 68's had the Inland brand shifter in them. The 70 had the 68/9 style shift in it when I bought it.

The stock p grips in 70 are slide in and will slide right into that stock appearing hurst shift mech you have.

Really the dash and shifter location are basically the same in a 68 and 70 RR. The floor pans are the same too for a 4 speed replacement floor pan.

Check this vid out and do some more google searching .. ff to 1:40 for an idea of what it would look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnfG3ilQ41E

Whoops I just remembered you have a 69. You are all set. Get the pistol grip and enjoy

Hey JB where did you get that pistol grip?? It'd be awesome to get one for my Charger until I'm able to swap a 5 speed in :icon_thumleft:

(sorry don't mean to hijack the thread)

EDIT* sorry, didn't see the link haha thanks for sharing!

Over at Duncan motor sports $250 for everything you need. one - two shift like slapstick then have to gate back to drive takes some practice but fun as hell, and when I first put it in it was like having a 4 speed you could feel every shake and rumble from the motor very cool. Makes the car have a whole different dynamic feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool Idea Bigman, I will be doing something very similar, with a modified, console shifter lever from a 70 4 speed E-Body lever & Pistol Grip Handle, in my A727 equipped 68RR with manual VB on a B&M Quicksilver Ratchet Shifter {SFI appr.}, instead of the stock style Mopar linkages, in the very near future...

- - - Updated - - -

OldToys Putting in a Hurst style Comp. Plus 4 speed shifter, it would be a bolt on swap.... Good luck

Duncan has the reverse shifter gate, even has the reverse pattern plate for correct stick placement

Brewers just hooked me up with a pistol grip Hurst shifter, the Hurst shifter mechanism and the proper shifter rods for my non console bucket seat 69 road runner.

I bought a 68 4 speed RR .. pretty original except the PO had stuck a pistol grip in it. Mine did not hit the dash but came up pretty close but it did in the 70 also. It still looked cool, but I pulled it and swapped the p grip into my 70 RR and put the round rod hurst style you have in the 68 (which is probably a 69 or 70 shifter as most 68's had the Inland brand shifter in them. The 70 had the 68/9 style shift in it when I bought it.

The stock p grips in 70 are slide in and will slide right into that stock appearing hurst shift mech you have.

Really the dash and shifter location are basically the same in a 68 and 70 RR. The floor pans are the same too for a 4 speed replacement floor pan.

Check this vid out and do some more google searching .. ff to 1:40 for an idea of what it would look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnfG3ilQ41E

Whoops I just remembered you have a 69. You are all set. Get the pistol grip and enjoy

Still not sure which one I need, here is one from Summit racing but does call out to fit my year.
Will this fit?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/huu-5388580

what if you cut the bottom of each shifter and weld the old style on the new pistol grip, will this work without having to change shifter mechanism

Auto Transport Service
Back