• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Piston help[

1967coronet440

Local time
9:07 AM
Reaction score
Good Morning Gents,

Well it is officially building season here in the midwest, and I am rebuilding my 67 440 .030 I am looking to get some advice on which pistons to use on my "street monster" 440.... heres what i have so far....

Trick flow powerport 240 heads, with matching harland sharp roller rockers
comp XR286R solid roller .576 .582 (comp recommends 10:1 with this cam)
Trick Flow Track Heat intake

I figured i would be fine using a flat top piston, was looking at the speed pro forged flat top but figured i would get some opinions here, thanks in advance for any input.

I think there is a .30 over set for sale here on FBBO...pretty comparible $$$, i think they were JEs, IIRC... The speed pros are just heavier than some of the other brands...

I think there is a .30 over set for sale here on FBBO...pretty comparible $$$, i think they were JEs, IIRC... The speed pros are just heavier than some of the other brands...
I seen a set of speed pros posted yesterday but now it says sold

i'd look at an Icon 836. there lightweight, .990 pins. the only thing i'd do with those old TRW clones is use them for ash trays or recycle them for pop cans.

i'd look at an Icon 836. there lightweight, .990 pins. the only thing i'd do with those old TRW clones is use them for ash trays or recycle them for pop cans.
Thank you i will look into them

the 836's with pins are about 1/2lb apiece lighter than those old TRW clones. match them to a light 440 Source h-beam rod and you can take about 3/4lb of reciprocating weight off each cylinder. parts last longer, engine rev's quicker; just makes sense.

SRP s much lighter than the old TRWs and Speed Pros.....I think they are made by JE, just a cheaper alternative

IMG_2505.JPG
My rod caps on the last set of 440source rods I bought for standard stroke 440 with 1.094 pin. Replaced the rod bolts with arp and had the rods resized.

Would have went a different route but time was of essence.

lol thanks guys but that's my machinist daughter who ports heads for Mopar's engines west

Auto Transport Service
Back