• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistons

440ronnie67

Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Iso Ross, diamond ect pistons for my rb . Has 440 source 4.500 crank with 7.100 rods. I have 4 seasons and many street miles. I had a pretty bad experience with fitech washing the cylinders, now I have to buy pistons 4.375 + . Stroker kit came with icon pistons which have worked fine for years, just wanted to see what other brands were out there. Thanks

20190316_182027.jpg

I used and liked Arias pistons for years in my GTX but this new engine in the works has Diamond pistons. If pretty and light means anything they should be excellent. :thumbsup:
Bob :moparsmiley:

If you spend any real money get je/ diamond's overworked or srp.some piston come with heavy pins,watch for that
.different brands use different clearances.Good racing

Thanks for the info
If you spend any real money get je/ diamond's overworked or srp.some piston come with heavy pins,watch for that
.different brands use different clearances.Good racing

Ti wrist pins are becoming more popular due to now competitive prices. 40% in weight reduction. With same strength? BME is selling with their rods. I haven’t seen Ross offer as yet. But I'm seeing no downside? Has anyone tried? I was told Ti rods are rough on bearings. But pins? Why not?

Titanium rods, wrist pins and anything made from this metal is lighter and stronger but for many years, way expensive. I agree with Cojohnson1, why not! It's only money and speed costs money! :thumbsup:

A strong wrist pin is more important than a light one. Just like pushrods. Tread carefully and talk to someone like Diamond. My race motor pins are 157 grams with no ill effects. Total bobweight is 2222 grams (572").
Doug

A strong wrist pin is more important than a light one. Just like pushrods. Tread carefully and talk to someone like Diamond. My race motor pins are 157 grams with no ill effects. Total bobweight is 2222 grams (572").
Doug
I agree with you Doug and I spoke with Diamond for the piston specs and they agreed with my choice of pins. I don't have a total bob weight yet as the balance is being done, hopefully by the end of this week.

Auto Transport Service
Back