• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitman arm boot

YY1

Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone sell just the boot?

My Pittman arm checks out fine, but the boot is rotted through. I hate to spend $100 just to get a new boot. This boot was NOT made/pressed into the arm, just trapped between the arm and the center link.

I looked on the PST site and ebay, but didn't see any.

Interestingly, my new Moog Idler arm (mine was bent) has foam washers instead of boots. Don't know if I care for that, seeing as how bad FL is on foam. Speakers with foam surrounds don't last one year down here. Smart folks look for rubber or even treated paper surrounds.

Thanks.

Interestingly, my new Moog Idler arm (mine was bent) has foam washers instead of boots.

I recently did a front rebuild and installed a new idler arm, also Moog. But the old ones had the foam washers as well.

Cheers, Remco

Anyone know another reseller for these? It's a $3 part and they want $13 to ship it.

Summit has Energy Suspension (not to be confused with the jerk-offs at energgysuspensionparts.com) tie rod boots for $4 and $4 shipping for a pair.

Anyone used these?

Apparently, there are at least four different sizes.

Guess I'll measure, unless anyone knows by heart.

...and of course I measued mine at the locations they specified, and it doesn't match ANY of the 4 sizes they offer.

Mine- .49 shaft at top of cone section, 1.27 at flat of base

Available- either .472 or .550 and 1.20 or 1.375:angryfire:

Auto Transport Service
Back