• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBeeFan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
Looking to see if any other members might have an old set for a set of 1971 front drums, 11 inches with some usable lug nut studs for a B-Body. The car is a 1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee body that was a 440 car.

Not sure if 68-70 11 inch will also work also or onto spindle& bearing size? I have a 71 Supper Bee that needs to get moved and the front brakes are locked up really good.

The previous owner who is in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area has tried s few things like squirting some penetrating oil between the hub and backing plate, about hitting and vibrating the drums with hammer, while attempting to gradually pull car with truck to free them up. We are worried about breaking or cracking one or both possibly from trying to vibrate off. The just need to be good enough for rollers.
Thanks for any help.

When you get it sorted out, these kits work really well. I have 11” all the way around and don’t plan on discs. How about that Steelers bloodbath on Sunday! Geez.

www.musclecarbrakes.com.

it sounds like the shoe linings are rusted into the drums
very common for cars that don't move for years..

easy fix
stop beating/using force on it

go to the backing plate and pry out and cut off or grind off or drill off the
ends of the shoe pins and it will come apart EASY
with the shoes still bonded onto the drums
and then you should be able to reuse the drums you have for a roller
been there done that too many times....

Last edited:
Thanks for the great ideas Dennis H. And flypaper! That’s exactly what has happened I believe and on a timeline for getting it shipped out.

Much appreciated for everyone’s feedback and help!

Love4Mopar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back