• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pivot shaft help

1967coronet440

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know where I can buy new pivot shafts that come WITH the new metal bushing sleeve?? Everywhere I seen it says to reuse the old one, unfortunately I destroyed one during disassembly. Seen the hotchkis on summit but I don't see the sleeve pictured

Thanks

IMG_1056.PNG

Just seen in one of the summit reviews of the hotchkis shafts he says they do come with the metal bushing sleeve... thinknill just order these and see...

IMG_1057.PNG

What sleeve? The bushings suppose to have steel on the outside and inside and rubber in between. Think you press pivot shaft into bushing then bushing and shaft into control arm. Check to make sure.

What sleeve? The bushings suppose to have steel on the outside and inside and rubber in between. Think you press pivot shaft into bushing then bushing and shaft into control arm. Check to make sure.
The bushing sleeve... my kit doesn't supply new sleeves for the pivot shaft bushings. After I destroyed it I read the directions where it clearly says to preserve the old sleeve and re use :BangHead:

A good picture is worth a 1000 words. Hope you don't mean the hole where the bushing and bushing and shaft are pressed into the lower control arm. I removed the pivot shaft and the inner bushing came with it. then dug out the rubber. Then with a chisel split the outer steel sleeve. Dinged it a little but with a sanding roll smoothed it out.

Unfortunately I didn't snap a pic, but I'll see if this helps... there's a metal sleeve that slips around the back of the shaft, see pic attached. First time doing this so I may be doing something wrong but I destroyed that piece and it specifically says in the instructions to re use it

IMG_1058.JPG

I think I get what your talking about. Thought they came as I described with inner sleeve. Maybe PST can some other supplier has the complete bushing?

I think I get what your talking about. Thought they came as I described with inner sleeve. Maybe PST can some other supplier has the complete bushing?
No the item in the front end kit from pst is just the bushings themselves no sleeve with that one. I ordered the hotchkis pivot shafts from summit, looks like they come with the sleeve got my fingers crossed.

Another way to get it done...go to a local parts house, and get the two stock rubber bushings. They have both the inner, and outer metal sleeves. Then, either just use them, or rob the inner sleeves from them, to use with the bushings your trying to use.

As a side note Incase anyone doesn't know, ball joint socket from pst and Mancini are around 40 bucks,its $11 dollars from summit

We offer the greasable pivot shafts for $109 with free shipping. In the design that we use, we actually made the end of the pivot shaft that goes into the bushing larger to compensate for the inner sleeves. So that no inner sleeves is used with the greasesable pivot shaft.

http://p-s-t.com/series-220315-greasable-control-arm-pivot-shafts.html#!year=1968||make=PLYMOUTH||model=ROADRUNNER

We also offer OE style pivot shafts:

http://p-s-t.com/series-220304-control-arm-pivot-shafts.html#!year=1968||make=PLYMOUTH||model=ROADRUNNER
Thanks for the info!

Saw your strut rod, any damage to control arm? Aluminum strut rods in your future? How'd you make out on bushings?

Saw your strut rod, any damage to control arm? Aluminum strut rods in your future? How'd you make out on bushings?
No control arms look good and still tight, cleaned them up going to reuse. I ordered the steel replacement rods from Mancini, got the bushing situation figured out, thank you guys for the help. Just waiting on more parts to come in, story of my life lately.

Well my dumbass didn't check but finally made it back to the shop and the washers for the strut rods don't fit, wtf man one thing after another.

Auto Transport Service
Back