• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pivot shaft kit--what else needed

shag766

Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
i am just about to order a grease-able pivot shaft kit, hotchkis, from summit. what else should i think about doing while i am doing this. pls; thnx, rick:eusa_think:

Does the kit include new Lower Control Arm Bushings? If so,and they are the polyurethane ones, check this out on the Firm Feel site, http://www.firmfeel.com/adjstrut.htm
I had the problem they talk about and ate up a set of tires because of it. I installed a set of Hotchkis adj. Front Strut Rods to help cure it. The Firm Feel units look to be easier to adjust. If you need to replace the LCA Bushings now would be the time to do it. Also look at the Front Strut Rod Bushings and Lower Ball Joints, while it is apart. Have fun!!!

to do this you also have to unbolt your lower ball joint. You may think about changing them and the strut rod bushings or upgrade to the firm feel or Hotchkis adjustable strut rods.
I have the Hotchkis but the firm feel do look easier to adjust as the Hotchkis you have to adjust, tighten up the bolt, then losen and adjust more if needed. Not the end of the world but will take a bit more setup time.

thanks

to do this you also have to unbolt your lower ball joint. You may think about changing them and the strut rod bushings or upgrade to the firm feel or Hotchkis adjustable strut rods.
I have the Hotchkis but the firm feel do look easier to adjust as the Hotchkis you have to adjust, tighten up the bolt, then losen and adjust more if needed. Not the end of the world but will take a bit more setup time.

thnx bear. i have never dealt with firm feel but everytime i have dealt with hotchkis on numerous things i have been more than satisfied. i will check out the f/f site and review it. you know what happens, you just become complacent. lets see. first thing i am searching once more for my manual or ordering one before this proceeds along. coming up yrs ago i never had a lot to do with mopar, a couple of them. the other 2 of the big 3 i wouldn't need a manual. the reason i am in this pickel was no manual. not again. lol:eusa_think:

p.s.; where is a good place to get a manual, reasonable.

Last edited:
It all depends on the car. I got a 67 Charger manual off of ebay years ago in print form for around 30 bucks but I let it go with the car when I sold it. For the 66 Charger I have now I got a digital copy for 10 or 20 bucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back