• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Plug and play - Headlight Relay Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackedback

Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Headlight relay kits that are essentially plug and play.

There is a substantial increase in voltage at the headlight, increasing light output performance. Light output degrades exponentially with voltage input reductions. These kits also take headlight amp loads off the fragile bulkhead connector, headlight switch and amp gauge. The only headlight load flowing through the bulkhead is a minimal current required to trigger relays.

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco relays (no 1$ chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuses/fuse holders
12ga wire from alt to relays
12 or 14 gauge power wire from relays to headlight wiring (no 16-18 gauge wire like factory, except 16ga to trigger relays)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths and be covered with black shrink tube for most of the run lengths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

headlight-relay-kit-1-jpg.jpg

Road lamp relay kit is not included in the standard 2 and 4 headlight kits. There is an additional charge for a road lamp relay kit.

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke (front or rear), under the battery tray and inner fender uprights.

Picture of the light output difference from a 71 Cuda. Both pictures are on low beam setting, Left - before, Right - after installation.

headlight-relay-kit-2-jpg.jpg

Another benefit that most users see are an improvement in dash light and marker light/turn signal brightness.

Some other things to consider.
Unless you buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in different colored wire packages from a local auto store.

All kits I build are tested prior to shipping.

Kits for a 2 headlight vehicles are $135 + shipping.

Most 4 headlight vehicles are $160 + shipping.

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box, shipping in the US would be in the $10-15 range. International shipping is available. Kits have been shipped to Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. Most all shipping is done via US Postal Service unless other service is requested.

Kits with all products and wire required to build one yourself are $85 for a 2 headlight and $100 for a 4 headlight + shipping.

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks to all my customers, I appreciate your patronage!

I'll vouche for these, put this harness in my 70 swinger about 4 maybe 5yrs ago. Huge difference !

@65-440

Thanks... those comments are the best advertisement!

I also build the wire around, vert top, power window, elec fuel pump and fan kits among other things. If it's electrical I can usually provide a sp;ution using relays to remove load from the OEM harness.

Your inbox is full. I'm interested in a set. I have a 70 Satellite convertible. You mentioned building in wires for the vert top pumps? What does that entail?

Thanks to everyone that has purchased a kit. I appreciate the patronage.

Just restocked with relays and mounting blocks and have materials to make up kits. Appreciate the ad space.

Rob

Thanks to everyone that has purchased a kit. I appreciate the patronage.

Just restocked with relays and mounting blocks and have materials to make up kits. Appreciate the ad space.

Rob

I'd like a kit for the old '65. I sent you a message.

Rob, maybe you can help me with an electrical question since you seem very knowledgeable on these headlight kits. I just installed a LED headlight with Halos, set of four, on my 65 coronet. I also used a relay wiring harness, sorry not yours, and my understanding is I should be able to use the outer half of the halo on the low beam headlight as my turn signal. Thought it would be as easy as tapping into the wire from the harness to the hot wire from the outer side of the halo. That did not get the expected results.
Any advice, ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you, Dan

Got it quickly and installed it this weekend. Just want to say how impressed I am with the harness. Thanks!

Good to read that it went in easily and met your expectations. Thanks for the purchase.

I can build these for brand X stuff too if anyone knows an interested party.

I need a headlight kit for my 68 charger. I have rerouted/hid my stock headlight wiring under the fender and barely had enough length to work. So I'm thinking of getting your kit that is not put together maybe with a little extra long wires?. I think I saw where you sell unassembled/loose kits also?. I routed thru holes where some pre installed connectors, etc, may not fit thru. I wired my e-fans with relays, etc, and did other various mods such as ammeter bypass. I run a 100 amp alternator also. Would like some good instructions with your kit also. I'm ok but no expert with electrics as you seem to be. It may be a couple of months before I can afford to get it. Waiting on my retirement checks to start. I bookmarked this page and will get back to you when I can do it.. Thanks for supplying these!!, with quality parts at a reasonable price.. I'll help spread the word..

@daytona kid

Sure thing, let me know. I can make up the wires and leave one end for you to terminate. Doing the 4 headlights is a bit more tricky than a 2 headlight car at the buckets. You tell me what you would like and I can most likely accommodate your request/needs.

Rob

Crackedback - your inbox is full tried to PM you

You need to go gold Rob. Get that inbox bigger for all your future FBBO customers.

@65-440

Thanks... those comments are the best advertisement!

I also build the wire around, vert top, power window, elec fuel pump and fan kits among other things. If it's electrical I can usually provide a sp;ution using relays to remove load from the OEM harness.

I have your wire around and head light harness. Would recommend to anyone. AWESOME!

I’d like to order a headlight relay harness for a 67 Coronet. Thanks.

Does the relay make the instruments brighter too, as in your pictures?
headlight-relay-kit-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

I'm interested in the relays too, what would the shipping cost to Canada be? My postal code is V3S 5M1. Thanks!

@Photon440

Sorry I missed this post. Hectic at my home with an ill parent.

Yes the instruments and all the other lights generally get brighter because the headlight load is removed from the OEM harness.

I can certainly ship to Canada, send a lot of kits up to you folks. It's usually in the 35-50 range depending on the box I can use. Sucks you can't get across to Blaine or Point Roberts (Have a friend in PR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back