• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polara electrical

dukeboy_318

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
my 64 polara was converted to electronic ignition years ago by the previous owner. shortly after he did, it caught fire and melted the main harness. So I plan on replacing the entire chassis wiring harness and converting back to points. However, I want to see if i can make the poly 318 run. I have the poly points dizzy coming and a coil. To just start the car, and bypassing the main harness, all I should need to hook to a battery is the starter, and coil right?

well
There is more to it than that...
You need the Ballast resistor correct?

Dukeboy ur right but not for very long runtime. Ballast drops 12v for coil&points so they don't burn up. I'd say nothing more than to make sure engine starts&runs.

well
There is more to it than that...
You need the Ballast resistor correct?
I can wire one in if need be,

Dukeboy ur right but not for very long runtime. Ballast drops 12v for coil&points so they don't burn up. I'd say nothing more than to make sure engine starts&runs.
thats all i want it for, just to see if she'll run.

Auto Transport Service
Back