• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll Bumblebee Stripe or not 68 Charger

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I am having a hard discussion with myself on whether or not I want to add the black bumblebee stripe to my car. I was all for it when I first aquired the car but now I am thinking it looks clean without it and am leaning towards keeping it off. Also the guy I got the car from used to hate the stripes and told me that it looked horrible in his opinion and he has since passed away so I have that in the back of my head. I am thinking the day I apply the stripes, if I do, I get struck by lightening! :) Good buddy of mine, that is how I aquired the car.....let me know what you all think!

yellow68.jpg
tsil.jpg

No question, I'd add them. You can always remove them if you don't like it.

Mock it up with plastidip see what it looks like. If you don't like it peel it off. No harm done. Here are a couple pictures o help you make up your mind. In the end its your car now. In case you are worried about voodoo then leave it as is. :)

0_68_2520Charger_2520Bandimere_2520Best_2520of_2520Show_2520June_25202012_25201_low_res.jpg

502c7b4836893703a2f4418b946d0cb3--difference--dodge-charger.jpg

My vote is add them....if using the vinyl you can always remove them...

I've always been a fan of the bumblebee stripe...especially on '68's.

If you want to keep it cleaner and aren't against going away from OE...maybe a flat yellow.

I personally love those stripes. Unless it's a numbers matching Hemi car, go ahead and put them on IMO

awesome Charger! add'm if it's a real R/T

Last edited:
It isn't an R/T.....but it also has a 500in stroker which isn't close to stock as it was a 383 car so I am going more for looks. Not worried about the numbers deal.

I like the butt stripes, but on your car I think I'd leave it as it is.

Leave em off. Looks good the way it is!

So many Chargers have these stripes! I like the look but sometimes they do look interesting when they are NOT on the car. I don't like seeing vinyl tops on these cars, mainly because I am not a fan of them in general.
The 1970 stripe options were either the "bumblebee stripe" or the twin pinstripes that ran from the door scoops to the rear of the car. Holy crap, I did NOT like that! The door scoops hide a design feature that I really like about Chargers and those thin stripes didn't work for my tastes. I've never liked pinstripes for the most part....EXCEPT the blatantly over the top cheezy 1978 Smokey and the Bandit Black Trans Am.

So many Chargers have these stripes! I like the look but sometimes they do look interesting when they are NOT on the car. I don't like seeing vinyl tops on these cars, mainly because I am not a fan of them in general.
The 1970 stripe options were either the "bumblebee stripe" or the twin pinstripes that ran from the door scoops to the rear of the car. Holy crap, I did NOT like that! The door scoops hide a design feature that I really like about Chargers and those thin stripes didn't work for my tastes. I've never liked pinstripes for the most part....EXCEPT the blatantly over the top cheezy 1978 Smokey and the Bandit Black Trans Am.

The '68 rendition were my favorite...two thick stripes flanked by two smaller ones. I'm a bit bias as my Dad has a triple black '68 R/T with white bumblebee stripes.

I agree about the 70 side option....not my taste at all.

s-l300.jpg

Yeah, that twin stripe in 1968 is a beautiful design feature....

Stripe it. black is a nice contrast to the yellow, I've been contemplating this very question. breaks it up. I'm think stripes for sure on mine too.

Leave them off. The stripes disturb/disrupt the beautiful flowing lines of the 2nd generation Chargers. Nice color!

Auto Transport Service
Back