• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: Help Me Create A Cool Door Prize for Mopars In May!

If you won these what color scheme would you want?

• Hemi Orange ribs/logos with Mopar black wrinkle bodies

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Lime Green ribs/logos with Mopar black wrinkle bodies

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Gloss Black ribs/logos with Alien Silver bodies

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Metal flake everywhere!

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Red, White, Blue and Black

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
In addition to my usual Gift Certificates this year, the Inland Mopars car club provided a brand new set of big block Mopar Performance valve covers for me to doll up for a door prize for its Mopars In May show coming up in southern California on May 23!!!

IMG_20210428_155502.jpg

If you won them, what color scheme would delight you most? (I'll do one knockout, the most popular modification here.)

I'm thinking something more universally appealing would probably be best for a giveaway (rather than a wildly custom 5- or 6-color job) but I'm hoping your responses will help me decide.

If your preference isn't in the suggested responses please post it up in the comments! I know lots of you are familiar with my capabilities already and may have a favorite.

A few pics are included just for ideas. Thanks for your time and input!!

FB_IMG_1607378412725.jpg

-x48r00.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-125314.jpg

IMG_20210420_142912.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-004318.jpg

FB_IMG_1606525088699.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-004057.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-004004.jpg

It's only a 5-day poll because I need to get going on them.

Edit: I added a few more past examples based on the initial responses.

I could have sworn someone asked about Poly covers but I don't see it now. They don't show up very often.

FB_IMG_1619667479982.jpg

Last edited:
Those ALL are AWESOME. Sorry; I'm going off the rails...you make covers for a poly? Again all just fantastic; suppose some might wish for a color scheme giving a match to their motor. In my case I have a red motor in a gray engine bay...so ahh kinda gives away my color thinking...if I had to pull the trigger for ya though I'd go hemi orange...

Red white and blue match's everything
Might have voted on this; but couldn't get a viz on what all the colors (4) would look like...kinda seems in my head to be a bit much.

Thought you were talking about pasties at first.

Orange with Black looks cool :thumbsup:

And thanks for all you do :D

Wow !! That’s art is that legal ?
Too perfect to be legal lolz

I don’t even know which to vote for they’re all beautiful

Hey CUDA CHICK !!
Thank You For All You Do .................MoPar2Ya!!!
Question,,,,,,,,,,, Ever Do Matte Black & Chrome? ( Matte Black Body & Chrome Ribs )...........
Might Be Cool.....
John

I like the blue ones in the photos/example

in the poll
I voted metal-flake everywhere
&
I voted also for, red white blue & Black

my personal favorites
are like the ones you did for @MarPar

Hey CUDA CHICK !!
Question,,,,,,,,,,, Ever Do Matte Black & Chrome? ( Matte Black Body & Chrome Ribs )...........
Might Be Cool.....
John
Geez pal - NOT saying I wouldn't like it and didn't say I wouldn't now did I? ...red x'ing...find a chill pill dude...

I vote for @BeepBeepRR choice. Also I like the black with orange in your post #1. My thinking is 2 original engine colors.

Whatever Is Chosen.................This Fine Gal Is A Blessing To The Hobby!
We Appreciate Your Creativity & Generosity............I Would "LUV" To Be The Winner ..Winner..Chicken Dinner...........
Yaeh...........
Thanks Cuda Chick!

X2 on the amazing work.
I voted the black & silver , to me that combo will work with any engine color.
All of the examples look great.

AMAZING RESPONSES!!! Thanks gang!

Just my preference,Hemi orange bodies,n black ribs n logo

A new pic was added to my original post above per your suggestion.

Those ALL are AWESOME. Sorry; I'm going off the rails...you make covers for a poly? Again all just fantastic; suppose some might wish for a color scheme giving a match to their motor. In my case I have a red motor in a gray engine bay...so ahh kinda gives away my color thinking...if I had to pull the trigger for ya though I'd go hemi orange...

I added a couple more samples for you, including red, white and blue with silver ribs and satin black bodies.

Might have voted on this; but couldn't get a viz on what all the colors (4) would look like...kinda seems in my head to be a bit much.

Very nice dont forget about an oil pump.

Thank you for the kind compliment but I wouldn't powder coat an oil pump even if they bought it. Powder has no place inside an engine.

Hey CUDA CHICK !!
Might Be Cool.....
John

I can polish and clear the aluminum or replicate chrome with powder but traditionally do not ever leave bare aluminum showing. Customers don't need to bother with upkeep or maintenance and it will inevitably oxidize.

X2 on the amazing work.
I voted the black & silver , to me that combo will work with any engine color.
All of the examples look great.

I like that look myself. Check out the new pic above with a bit of orange and a blue Pentastar ...

Last edited:
If you're going to pre-make, I'd go for these

upload_2021-4-29_7-54-40.png

Or, if you can do a semi-custom for the winner, make a wrinkle black set and the winner can choose their rib and logo color to match their car. Maybe include a list of 4 or 5 available colors to keep things in check for you from a production/cost standpoint...

Awesome work. Great looking stuff! I love these too, for people with factory block color...maybe even ditch the black section and just do turquoise with the ribs and logos, for a near-stock look.

upload_2021-4-29_7-50-47.png

Auto Transport Service
Back