• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: Street legal drag radials; which is the best?

Poll: Street legal Drag Radials; which is the best?

• BFG Drag Radials

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • M&H Racemaster Drag Radials

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Hoosier DOT Drag Radials

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrabberOrange69

Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
By best, I really mean stickiest for identical sized rubber. The size I'm going to buy is 275/60/15. Here are the choices:

"BFG Drag Radials"

"Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials"

"M&H Racemaster Drag Radials"

"Hoosier DOT Drag Radials"

Thanks for your participation!

What about the Nittos?

Not sure about stickiest but I felt that the BFG ones were a good compromise on the steet for my ebody. I could still drive it like a car. They cornered well for a drag radial.

I run a 275/45/17 on my 550 rwhp car. It hooks 1.58 60ft and runs 10's

Hoosier quicktime drag radials. I wouldn't run them on the street even though they are DOT tires. They are DOT in spirit only if you ask me

I use Hoosiers street radials on my drag only Dart. I don't think that I would do any street driving with them but they seem to hook better than the Mickey that I had previously.

Thanks for the comments so far - they are great!

As stated in the first response, I neglected the Nittos; If you have experience with them go ahead and respond in the posting. I don't want to edit the Poll for fear it will mess up the thread.

Keep 'em coming!

For the strip, I have ran Hoosier Quick Time Pro ion my 71 Cuda. They hook much better than a radial. Basically a slick with a couple groves though. DOT approved. They get you by if you need to run a street tire in your class. Hook as good as the Hoosier slicks. Wear out easy on the road.

Im quiet partial to the MT et Streets. Sticky, hook well and the wear decent for what there designed to do

I haven't tried any street legal slicks, but I've read alot of good stuff about the nitto's and the bfg's.

had the best luck with the bfg's.more consistant et's and such.never really compared stickyness of the tires though.
glad to see someone else here in vegas grabberorange :headbang:

Micky Thompson ET Streets and Hoosier Quick Time Pro are the only one's I have tried and and they both are wonderful for both street and strip. They both hook really well and perform just fine for me on the street.

Last edited:
Micky Thompson ET Streets and Hoosier Quick Time Pro are the only one's I have tried and and they both are wonderful for both street and strip. They both hook really well and perform just fine for me on the street.

They just wear out quick because they have a slick compound for the surface

I actually run Hoosier radial slicks on the street and been driving on them for 2 years. Thats because they handle good since I have radials up front and I like the 30 x 9 size as they fit my 63's wheelwells real good and never rub even on turns. I would use a dot drag radial if someone made a 30 x 9 but no one does. All 30" tall drag radials are 10.5 or wider and they rub on turns. Ron

CARLISLE711150.jpg

They just wear out quick because they have a slick compound for the surface

I have not had the MT's on very long and I do see some wear but my right foot gets heavy often.

Auto Transport Service
Back