• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: which looks better?

Which looks better

• The Dart like caps (cap A)

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • The Devil's Tower cap (cap B) (think Close Encounters)

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

63hemipolara

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a personal delema here and I'm seeking the opinions of Mopar brotherin to hopefully help me decide what hubcap looks better on my Polara, I know neither is correct, but neither is the 15" wheels, so we will see what looks better:

A: attachments 63POLARA10 and 11 are the originals that were on the car along with a side shot in the 5th picture 1963Dodge_Polara_Hemi240

B: attachments 1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi225 and 226 are recent ebay purchases with the side shot in the 6th picture 1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi257

Please help me resolve this delema...:confused:

63POLARA-10sm.jpg

63POLARA-11sm.jpg

1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi255.jpg

1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi256.jpg

1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi240.jpg

1963_Dodge_Polara_Hemi257.jpg

The only thing that i see that is wrong with that car is that it is not in my drive way!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolling:

It has become a "fashion statement" as of late because many cars are now "broadcast sheet" restored. The guys that ordered those cars new would be rolling on the floor laughing about all of this. Personally I don't care for any of what is pictured. As you can see from my signature I was there when these cars were sold new. Dealers for stock and buyers who ordered these cars new ordered them with these wheel and bottle caps because they were standard. Not wanting to waste any money when the day after the buyer took delivery of it they were going to put custom wheels of their choice on the car. You seldom saw a Hipo car in those days sporting those steel wheels and bottle caps.

So my vote is to put some nice looking, period correct, aftermarket wheels on it. But it is your car and that is just my OPINION so do what YOU want.

Sorry. Aftermarket wheels are not an option. Your opinion doesn't count.

NEXT!

yup...both are very cool.... get a car for each set

C'mon guys, you're not helping, the 2nd car for the other set is an idea, now where's that lottery ticket again??? :-D

There are fewer votes than there are "views'

someone isn't voting....:angry2:

I voted for "A", but either look good. I just prefer the simpler ones over the "Devil's Tower" version... The fact of the matter is that car would look good with just about any rolling stock...dubs and some of the other inane offerings that are currently popular with generation z notwithstanding...

:yes:
Ray

I voted for "A", but either look good. I just prefer the simpler ones over the "Devil's Tower" version... The fact of the matter is that car would look good with just about any rolling stock...dubs and some of the other inane offerings that are currently popular with generation z notwithstanding...

:yes:
Ray

Thank you sir! :grin:

63hemi, I am going to vote for the towers only because IMO, they are a little more unique and don't see them run as often as the others. I am only casting my vote for them because I am being strong-armed into making a decision and still like both caps on your car. ;)

63hemi, I am going to vote for the towers only because IMO, they are a little more unique and don't see them run as often as the others. I am only casting my vote for them because I am being strong-armed into making a decision and still like both caps on your car. ;)

VOTE:tantrum:YOU MUST VOTE:angry3::angry3::angry3:

:giggle:

Its a tuff one as I love your car and both look so sweet !! But I think I kinda like "A the Dart like caps " best. But everytime I see your car it makes me realalize why I like the 63 Mopars so much. :yes: Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back