• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly suspension bushings

On a separate issue, I tried poly bushing in a street car once. They ride like crap. Pulled them out as fast as I put them in. IMHO.

20190813_074623.jpg 20190813_074649.jpg 20190813_074636.jpg

Use the grease. Will help them last longer.
On how they will perform; depends on your intentions with the car. Have them in 72 Plymouth Valiant and Satellite. Like the autocross and road course. Handles tight and responsive. All bushings are PST. Around town, transfers all the little bumps. Good shocks do help, heavy sway bars do not.
And...a B-body will never handle like a sports car, they have a fat axs..

The lube is mainly to stop any squeaking. Not sure why they would crumble. Mine are 20 years old and still like new. I like the responsiveness of poly.

I put then in all the cars I do, Lube the crap out of them and they last a long time. My Wagon has them on the body mounts as well as all suspension points. 10 years and 30K miles and still going strong.

Auto Transport Service
Back