• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pop out quarter glass not sealing ??

65-440

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Alright, finally getting around to putting the car back together after some much needed work. I replaced the pop out glass seals and noticed the glass does not seal as it should. With the latch all the way pushed in the glass is just sitting off the seal. Before I finish putting the interior together I figured I would ask if anyone ran into this before. Thanks, Erik

No you are not alone. I haven't addressed this problem yet in my own because the Beeast lives in the garage but I too am interested in the "cure". I don't have a clue as to whether or not the latch is adjustable, or possibly the newer gasket is thinner? I do know one thing, It's a major pain washing the thing because of that and noisy.
KC

There is no adjustment on the latch. I did take mine apart and replace some worn roll pins, place a piece of thick clear tape on the round part that connects the 2 pieces of the latch ( was a little out of round from years of use I assume ) ... It fits better, no looseness in the glass but still not flush. The new seals are definitely thinner, noticeable along the top of the rear quarter ... This car will be kept outside and driven often. Last thing I want is water soaking my new interior !

Got new latches from Classic, 69.99 ea. and seals, Precision, from Fran Bishop at justmopar.com. Nice fit and seal. Might get in touch with Fran & see if he has any thoughts. I realize you just spent $$$ on new seals, but I kinda learned the hard way on a few things during my restore.

Auto Transport Service
Back