• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Porter cam Recomendation

wagonman

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Got off the phone with Porter and after listening to Me and what I want for my combo he says run a Comp CL21-232-4. It is the XS282s solid. Or the hi lift juice 545 lift series. He can grind me one but says it will be close with no real seat of the pants feel compared to the solid I am leaning to. Cool guy who like to talk Mopar cams. Both are what I was leaning to but not Comp. Thats where he has his spec lobes ground. Going to bite the bullit and order the solid kit. Said with a 440 and Eddy heads he has seen a bit over 500 HP and torque. With the 470 and Trick Flows being a better flowing head expect around 540, just what I am looking for with fairly good street manners and some NUTS.

I had that cam in a 451. With stock Stealth heads it made 522 hp and 550 ft.lbs. I really liked it in my Road Runner.

Good to hear. What was your combo? I have not ordered yet just waiting to hear from others. How was the driveability,mileage LOL ect.

Good to hear. What was your combo? I have not ordered yet just waiting to hear from others. How was the driveability,mileage LOL ect.
Just a stock 451 stroker kit from 440 Source. Once I got my carb tuned, it went like a bat out of hell. Mileage doesn't really go hand in hand with these cars imo, but I actually could get 10 if I babied it and never opened the 4 barrels. That happened for like one tank of gas lol. Had a freak deal where the #4 cam bearing spun causing no oil to the top end. When rebuilding, I listened to someone I shouldn't of and replaced it with a Racer Brown model - have regretted that decision ever since.

Auto Transport Service
Back