• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible parts scammer for our cars.

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the member droptop2bottom? Purchased a part from him via PayPal and have not seen anything. Attempted to contact but has not answered. He has been logged on here but has made no attempt to return my messages. @droptop2bottom

file a message with paypal. it should get him on the ball.
Did. Just want to let others be aware of what is going on. No reason why I have not been contacted in the last week, since he has been on.

He's been here for a little over 2 1/2 years with a lot of posts in the WTB section.....but don't know of any others having problems.

He's been here for a little over 2 1/2 years with a lot of posts in the WTB section.....but don't know of any others having problems.
Ok. Hope that he does something here soon. I noticed that other members had some problems with him until some concern was raised.

Ok. Hope that he does something here soon. I noticed that other members had some problems with him until some concern was raised.
To tell you the truth, I can't remember hearing anything about this member until now....maybe others will chime in soon.

Yes there was a thread about someone getting parts maybe a week ago from him. I think he just hadn't been on the site for a bit

1966 charger partout.
Thread title

To tell you the truth, I can't remember hearing anything about this member until now....maybe others will chime in soon.
The last message I got from him was on Dec 5 and that his mother had passed and that he would be getting the item shipped by Wednesday of last week. Hopefully he is being honest about that and something else is going on. Just odd that he has been on and made no attempt to contact me to inform the shipping status.

Yes there was a thread about someone getting parts maybe a week ago from him. I think he just hadn't been on the site for a bit
He was on last night at 10:36 PM. And has been on other times since I last heard from him.

I ordered a part from him back in May 2022. Communication was not the best, he sent the item to the wrong address, but he did send the item to me when he got it back. Took long time due to having to go thru customs each time. Part was as described so I have no complaints

He was on last night at 10:36 PM. And has been on other times since I last heard from him.
He didn't send you a tracking #? I try not to ship receive stuff this time of year because things get slow and packages get lost or mashed. Have a friend that tracked a package to Houston's main hub and that's as far as it gotten so far. That being said, I remember how busy we were with my mother in law passing on. It was like we were dealing with every credit card company in the states!! That woman had a ton of cards and they were all maxed out. I just received a package from Amazon last week and was surprised the contents were still in the box. I wouldn't have placed the order if I didn't need it and am waiting on 1 more package....

Anyone having problems with the member droptop2bottom? Purchased a part from him via PayPal and have not seen anything. Attempted to contact but has not answered. He has been logged on here but has made no attempt to return my messages.
@droptop2bottom You won't send him a notification to this thread without a @ in front of his name.

gdrill did it on post #4 but got to thinking that droptop might not think about going to the 1st post so I edited the 1st post....
I saw the bold text in the first post and thought that's what @RedBeard was trying to accomplish. Something else to put on the list of forum tricks for members to read.

Mother passing away isn't a lame excuse
(At least up here in Canada)

He didn't send you a tracking #? I try not to ship receive stuff this time of year because things get slow and packages get lost or mashed. Have a friend that tracked a package to Houston's main hub and that's as far as it gotten so far. That being said, I remember how busy we were with my mother in law passing on. It was like we were dealing with every credit card company in the states!! That woman had a ton of cards and they were all maxed out. I just received a package from Amazon last week and was surprised the contents were still in the box. I wouldn't have placed the order if I didn't need it and am waiting on 1 more package....
No tracking number. Said he would ship it on Dec 7 at the latest and send me the tracking number then.

Well I got to say my way of thinking would be to offer condolences on his mothers passing.
Then perhaps tell him your sorry about this thread and to send the parts when things are going a bit better for him.
But what do I know ?
Calling him a possible scammer and then question if his mom did pass on here prob was not the best choice for a speedy delivery.

Auto Transport Service
Back