• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Brake Booster 64 Belvedere Identification

retractable

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
I removed this from a 64 Savoy and would like to know if this is original to the car. It is different then what I have seen for a 64. Thanks

IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0128.JPG

Watching have the same one from a supposed 63 plymouth. Never thought it was factory.

All the brackets were original for a 64.That is why i would like more information. The car I removed it from has been in a junk yard for years and is not molested at all. Everything is seems original.

Not sure if these pics help or not but this booster was on my 1964 Polara Convertible. I believe this is the original unit....

001 003.jpg IMG_1522.JPG

That is what I have seen on others cars. Would like to find out what I have.

That is the same one on my 1964 Dodge Polara 500, which I'm assuming is original. It is called a 10 screw booster. It is made by Midland-Ross. They seem to be a real bugger to rebuild though. Sent mine to Booster Dewey twice, both times it came back bad. One time it leaked and the other time the main rod was broken in shipping. Then I tried getting it repaired through my local NAPA store. Kind of the same thing, first time it came back bad then the second time it seems to work.

Just food for thought, the power brake booster conversions that are widely sold will not work with an original power brake car. Also if you decide to convert your car to manual brakes you will need the reinforcing plate from a manual brake car. The hole where the rod from the pedal goes through the firewall is in a different location due to the different location where the rod bolts to the pedal on a power brake -vs- manual brake car. The hole in the firewall is elongated.

grubby65 Thank You for the information. I will have to decide if I want to use this to convert my 64 Wagon to power brakes. I know about the plate and I got one with this booster. I converted 64 Hardtop to power brakes this summer and I welded the manual plate to make it work with the booster. I also changed the brake pedal angel so it would not sit so close to the floor. I dont know how long this booster would last because it will hold vacuum and is not stuck.

I just talked to Booster Dewy and the Aluminum booster and the steel booster with the band are both Midland -Ross. The aluminum booster was used in 62-63 but could have been installed on 64 early build cars. Both are good but the band ones are cheaper to rebuild.

Harmon classic brakes they rebuild 10 screw Midland ross boosters for $200 Harmon specializes in these boosters comes back brand new look it up on Google

glorydays Thank You for the information. I checked out their web site.

Auto Transport Service
Back