• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power brake booster brackets

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Since I'm having a problem with touchy power brakes, I wonder if the power booster brake brackets are neccesary? I have mounted the booster against the firewall and the rod lined up with the bottom hole on the brake pedal.

The booster was part of a kit that you can get anywhere. I also installed a Wilwood 1 1/8 master and the stock rear brake drums are 10 x 2 1/2. I cant stand how touchy they are and the brackets are FUGLY, and would rather not use them.

So anyone got some advice, or solutions???

Anything, anyone??

Ok then, just have to do this trial and error.

How about this...I need the measurement from the firewall to the brake pedal, a pic of how you took the measurement would help, also this for a 64 dodge polara. Any help would be appreciated.

Is your pedal connected directly to the booster rod? The stock Mopar set up has a linkage system and without it you are probably moving the booster rod much faster and further with the pedal stroke and what was intended.

Its straight from the booster to the pedal and that may be the problem. But why would that make a difference?

Is your pedal connected directly to the booster rod? The stock Mopar set up has a linkage system and without it you are probably moving the booster rod much faster and further with the pedal stroke and what was intended.

I don't think the 64 b-body used the same linkage system the 66 & up used. The rod from the brake booster on 65 & back bolted directly to the brake pedal.

Yeah, I just looked under the dash and there isn't a provision for any bracket. Starting to think that the rod from the back of the booster to the pedal is way to long. Back under the dash I go!

My 65 Belvedere had the same problem.i backed off the rod in the M/C mine is adjustable.Much better

Auto Transport Service
Back