• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power brakes for 62 fury

peakandscoot

Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
I converted my 62 Fury to 4 wheel disk brakes i have a proportioning valve and i wanted to add a power master cylinder. The car is a restomod the 318 was changed to a 383 55 years ago by my dad. I am not looking to keep anything under the hood looking original. The question i have is all my brake lines at the bottom of the fire wall waiting to come up to a master cylinder. What is my best option. I have herd that there are off set problems and pedal issues. Can some one who has made this change please give me some information. I see this on ebay saying it will fit 62-74 A B and E body?
s-l1600.jpg

Converting my '63 from manual to power with front disks involved issues with the brake pedal height on mine it was way too high. The replacement eye-bolt in the kit I had was lousy so a friend machined a new one for me that was shorter and I had to cut the threaded rod a bit as I recall. I've had few other irritating issues with the pedal return I think is mostly behind now; will find out when I drive it next. My kit was different than what you're showing, so maybe your setup will be better.

Auto Transport Service
Back