• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering box question

iraqivet01

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace my manual steering box for a power steering one on my 1968 Coronet. Since I don't have a core, it going to cost my almost double for one at one place.

What other late car models can I get one off of? Looking to get one from a local salvage yard.

Don't tell'em it's for a Coronet or a Charger or anything popular. I tell the guys at Napa it's for my 1970 Polara Sedan. Choose something that you don't hear very often.

just grab one off any old mopar ive seen numerous times where the replacement parts i got were different than the core i was returning and usually the "kids" working the counter have no clue if they say "there different so it must be the wrong one" simply say "maybe its a different manufacturer and can i try it anyway" ive done this in the past and its worked for me

Auto Transport Service
Back