• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering pulley.

Roger63

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Would there be a problem changing the stock pulley to one that's smaller diameter? The problem I'm having is the belt will rub water pump bolt. I cant lower the pump with the brackets that I have.

Not sure I can answer your question, but on my build I used some Allen head chrome button head bolts, possibly stainless can’t remember but more clearance than standard hex head bolts , I choose them for the appearance rather than for clearance, hope this helps ! One other thing, with these and their shape sure you would pick up some clearance, at least 3/16”!

Not sure I can answer your question, but on my build I used some Allen head chrome button head bolts, possibly stainless can’t remember but more clearance than standard hex head bolts , I choose them for the appearance rather than for clearance, hope this helps ! One other thing, with these and their shape sure you would pick up some clearance, at least 3/16”!
Thanks I will check in on that

Seems to me I had a bolt interference problem as well before switching to are serpentine setup, pretty sure I used a button head bolt to resolve it.

Auto Transport Service
Back