• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Pump Bracket-Pulley-Cap

MT_Mopar

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Well crap… I bought a new (rebuilt) power steering pump and I was not paying very close attention to details. Turns out the new one is completely different than my old one.

Any ideas on where I can pickup a mounting bracket, pump pulley and fluid cap for the new one? Suppose I could send the old one back, just checking my options.

67 Coronet 500

Thanks

PS1.jpg

PS2.jpg

Classic Industries and many other parts places have these brackets with all the bolts. Price is about $60 Not sure about the cap, but I'm sure these are available. The pulley is also sold separately. Ebay is also a good source.

Let me know how the new pump works. I'm having a lot of power steering pump issues.

You have a Thompson pump, not a Saginaw. I got an insert for my Thompson, not the entire pump from my local auto parts store. It was easy to change.

I went through a similar event w my Ebody. Even tho my original pump was pictured. The parts were easy to get, forgot who I ordered the pulley from tho........

You have a Thompson pump, not a Saginaw. I got an insert for my Thompson, not the entire pump from my local auto parts store. It was easy to change.

New pump with high pressure hose out back is Saginaw, old pump with solid shaft is small TRW/Thompson...

What company did you end up finding that supplied you with the right bracket fornyour pump?

I am looking for a correct replacement for my 67 Charger Hemi. Saginaw or Federal pump with puley and the correct 2 groove pulleys for the crankshaft and water pump. And I need the high pressure steering hose. Any help is appreciated.

What company did you end up finding that supplied you with the right bracket fornyour pump?

I am looking for a correct replacement for my 67 Charger Hemi. Saginaw or Federal pump with puley and the correct 2 groove pulleys for the crankshaft and water pump. And I need the high pressure steering hose. Any help is appreciated.
You latched on to an ancient post so I’m doubting the OP will reply. What is it you need? The whole package or just the brackets? Which type? They are out there, especially Saginaw if you need the whole pump.

Auto Transport Service
Back