• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering pump swap

greenmachine

Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
hi
I have a federal pump for my 69 net, getting it rebuilt is 250.00 from firmfeel. I can't find a rebuilt one. I want to swap to the more common Saginaw pump. Can I use the reservoir/canister off the federal on the Saginaw? I know I need Saginaw mounting brackets also. Thanks. Erik

I am in the process of doing this on my car. The two pumps are completely different and there is NO parts interchangeability as far as I know.

I ended up purchasing a complete original pump with necessary brackets off of ebay and rebuilt it myself - haven't had the chance to install it yet.

Last edited:
Copy. I can find the reservoir from wildcat auto, and the brackets from Mancini. Going 440 source for the pulley and autozone or the actual Saginaw pump.

I went the ebay rout to save some bucks. Just the repo brackets alone were $85. I got the the original pump with brackets on ebay for $50 shipped!

Copy. I can find the reservoir from wildcat auto, and the brackets from Mancini. Going 440 source for the pulley and autozone or the actual Saginaw pump.
Buying parts from all those different sources is looking for problems.

Cannot interchange the pump parts. The 440 Source bracket is great and reasonable. For Tuff Stuff Performance has good pumps, just have to make sure you order the correct PSI pump.

Where would you all go for a new Saginaw pump complete with reservoir and cap?

Here's a question. My federal pump has a reservoir tank attached to the back. It looks like the 440 source pump has the resevoir built into the design. Am I crazy? Thanks for the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back