• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering pump swap

Mark1972

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
My 1970 Plymouth Satellite has power steering which worked great, when it was a 318 car. As far as I can tell, it's original. Now I've dropped a 440 in, and was wondering what I need to do to make my power steering work with the big elephant motor. Can the old pump be used with new brackets and a new pulley? Or am I looking at having to replace everything. I see options on 440 Source, but wanted to ask here first. Thank you for the help.

Bouchillon if they are still around. I came close to swapping my Federal pump for a Saginaw on my '73 400 Charger. They had all the stuff to do it.

I ordered the bracket kit and pulley from 440 Source, and my existing pump fit up perfectly.

Yup. The PS system doesn't give a **** what it's attached to. As long as the brackets work, you're good.

Auto Transport Service
Back