• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Replacement Hose 2537981

Macdon221

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

Looking for a replacement/aftermarket hose for the power steering pressure hose on my 68. The original part number is 2537981.

I see hoses that are listed as a fitment...but none that have the original geometry and curves on the steel lines as a replacement. I know OE are on ebay for huge money..but I don't need that. Just a new correct looking one. No shops around here will take the time to make one for me. Included a pic of the correct one.

Thanks

Madon221

pshose2537981.jpg

Check with Steer and Gear. They have hoses. (and probably the correct ones.

Look on rockauto under 1969. That looks like the hose for the Saginaw pump. They have pictures so you can match up to yours. I bought mine from them about 5 years ago. No problems and cheapest around for a name brand.

Look on rockauto under 1969. That looks like the hose for the Saginaw pump. They have pictures so you can match up to yours. I bought mine from them about 5 years ago. No problems and cheapest around for a name brand.
68 and 69 are a transition year. 68 had a flared end for a federal style pump and a different size fitting at the box than a 69.

One other thought. When I switched to my firm feel box, I ordered the correct hose for year and power steering pump type (69 b-body). When I received the hose it did not match up at all to what was already in my car. The new hose was much shorter and had the weird bending in the metal portion. I thought it wasn’t going to come close to fitting at all but ended up fitting like a glove. I am guessing someone at some point long ago used a wrong hose. So, you might want to verify that the hose you currently have is the correct hose. I looked up the hose I bought 5 years ago just now on Rockauto and it a Gates that they currently sell for $12.19

Dynamic Fluid Power (formerly Westcan) on McPhillips?
Or their other location on Dugald?

Bought this 35 years ago. Don't know if company is in business. Not for sale.
PS HOSE.jpg
PS HOSE!.jpg

65HEMI...thx for the tip...I visited there today..great guys...went to both locations...they were able to make a functional hose...close to the same bends...but it would have to have too many connectors and just looked goofy.. Was looking to get it close to original looking.

Auto Transport Service
Back