• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Seal Kit

66 Sat

Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Hi, the power steering box on my 66 Satellite leaks from either the steering column end or the pitman arm end (it's hard to tell as I cleaned up the box and painted it gloss black). It's not a major leak but is a major pain in the ***.
I want to remove the box and change both seals but want to buy the replacement seal kit first. Does anyone know where the best place is to buy it - I'm overseas so need to buy it online.
I've done the usual searches but haven't found anything I'm 100% confident is correct.
Cheers

Have you tried a seal conditioner yet/first? I recently tried some in my 65 Coronet-original steering box. I seems to have stopped the leak so I'll just keep an eye on it. Rubber just gets hard with age-like our heads!
Mike

yeah I did thanks, it slowed the leak initially and I kept topping it up with more but it never did stop.
Now I just top it up with power steering fluid every few weeks and wipe down the k-frame and metal try under the car.

Does anyone know where to buy these seals? I would be very grateful for the information.
Thanks

Here in the U.S., pretty much any parts house will have the seal kit, or can order it.
Have you checked with parts houses there?

Yeah, I put a seal kit in mine, long time ago. Takes a few special sockets, to open it up. Made my own.

Auto Transport Service
Back